Beginners and Beyond

SUNDAY! SUNDAY! SUNDAY! Penguins (Read 23 times)

hog4life

Cherie, glad you sold a painting. Pic?

Jerry, glad the wedding went smooth.

Dave, Jack, PAD, Bin, nice runs.

Zel, I literally laughed out loud when I read that you cooked your oatmeal without water, too funny.

Damaris, hope the kitty feels better.

I hope to get a few recovery miles in later this evening.

tracilynn

Congrats Jerry On surviving father of the bride and successfully continuing your streak.

damaris, glad to hear Hershey is better. Your run was still long as hell!  What was it supposed to be?!  Cherie missed another plank so that means one more pair of shoes I get. :-)

zel, ha on the toasted oats. I  often forget about my oatmeal and scorch it

Jack, enjoy the zzz s

hello pad, bin, Mitch, Dave and everyone else

my pirifirmis piece of crap feels better today. I may rest another day for 4 days rest and run early in morning.

~~~~~~~

Traci

Docket_Rocket

Congrats Jerry On surviving father of the bride and successfully continuing your streak.

damaris, glad to hear Hershey is better. Your run was still long as hell!  What was it supposed to be?!  Cherie missed another plank so that means one more pair of shoes I get. :-)

zel, ha on the toasted oats. I  often forget about my oatmeal and scorch it

Jack, enjoy the zzz s

hello pad, bin, Mitch, Dave and everyone else

my pirifirmis piece of crap feels better today. I may rest another day for 4 days rest and run early in morning.

22!

I laughed because last year I was not able to complete this workout due to nausea, so I really wanted to finish it this time around but it was not meant to be.  I made it to 11 last year, 14 this year, I call that an improvement.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Bin Running

Mel, how does toasted oatmeal tasted?

Jack, not as bad I guess.. but time seem to pass by much slower.. haa.. that 16 w/ 10 @ MP look like tough.. I remember I bonked on my 1st of something similar..

Cherie, it's great for people to appreciate your art.. way to go...

Damaris, sorry the LR didn't go so well..14 w/ 7 @ MP+10% is not too shabby..

Jerry, congrats to you.. 5 lakefront miles sound like a great run.

Mitch, enjoy your recovery miles.

Traci, had you tried those stretch Mel suggested? hope it's ease up..

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Mmmmm...beer

Traci, I had some piriformis issues back in May, what helped me was a stretch that another runner in my club showed me.  She called it a modified threading the needle.  Sit on the edge of a chair, and since it's your right side that's bothering you, put your right foot up on your left knee, then stretch down with your left arm going between your legs, your right arm on the outside of your right leg, bend down slowly as far as you can, you should feel it right down the back of your leg into your butt.  That stretch and some extra rest saved me.  Hope it gets better soon!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Hi guys!  I'm terrible about checking in on the weekends, but it looks like I'm not the only one.  Anyway, I realized to day that I've run every day for the last 100 days, and covered 750 miles.  That's crazy.

This week, I'll be heading to South Dakota for my nephew's football game.  My long run is going to be about 19 miles, and it's going to be in unfamiliar territory after sleeping in a tent.  So, I'll probably get a few extra miles in early in the week and plan a rest day for Friday.  The darn 19 mile run has a butt load of tempo paced running in it.  Man, I hope the weather is perfect.

It wouldn't be bad if I could run it as fast as Jack.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013