Beginners and Beyond

Slip Sliding TuesDAILIES (Read 46 times)

bluerun

Super B****

As long as you keep touching some part of the treadmill, it won't build up. The longer you go without touching it and thus, discharging, the bigger the jolt!

What, I touch it all the time!  And it sparks all the time.  This is the first time it's shut down because of it, though.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

onemile

I ran 8 miles with 7x 2 minute hill repeats

Runshortii

I ran 8 miles with 7x 2 minute hill repeats

I have a similar workout tomorrow, 7 miles with 4x3 minute hill repeats. Not sure how I’m going to find a hill that will take me 3 minutes to run up 

bluerun

Super B****

I have a similar workout tomorrow, 7 miles with 4x3 minute hill repeats. Not sure how I’m going to find a hill that will take me 3 minutes to run up 

Walk

chasing the impossible

onemile

I had a hard time finding one that would take me 2 minutes.

If it were 3, I might end up using the treadmill!

bluerun

Super B****

I'm starting to get very annoyed that I don't have my new watch yet.  I've read the manual twice already, FFS.

chasing the impossible

Cyberic

8 x ( 2 min / 2 min ) on the indoor track

Half Crazy K 2.0

4.6 with 12 x 20 sec (+/-) hill repeats and lower body strength work. A little dicey in places, even though it was close to 50 today, in shady spots, there was still ice. Kinda slow going in places--used the assumption if it looked wet, it was ice.

onemile

I did a strength class at the gym after work and I'm afraid I won't be able to move my arms tomorrow 

SRD.  I read the weather forecast last night, which included some crazy amount of rain (crazy to the point that I have never seen that icon before), lightning, and 20 mph+ winds between the hours of 5 and 7 a.m.  Seemed like an excellent sign that today should be RD for the week.  All this crap is supposed to clear up around 9 tonight, and then I guess winter as I know it will be over.  Back at it tomorrow.

LRB, have you tried The Prisoner red?  Hubs got a bottle as a gift, so I busted it open last night.  I think I feel hateful toward it, but not 100% sure.  It's got a 91 point rating, so by the numbers, it should be decent, but I kept making frown juice face.  Curious if you have an opinion on it.  I ended up gifting the Ivory Coppola to a very dear friend who was extremely excited to get it, so now I gotta buy myself another bottle!

Docket_Rocket

Ran my 3, half of them with hubby.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

LRB, have you tried The Prisoner red?  Hubs got a bottle as a gift, so I busted it open last night.  I think I feel hateful toward it, but not 100% sure.  It's got a 91 point rating, so by the numbers, it should be decent, but I kept making frown juice face.  Curious if you have an opinion on it.  I ended up gifting the Ivory Coppola to a very dear friend who was extremely excited to get it, so now I gotta buy myself another bottle!

I have not. I make a point not to judge a wine without decanting it though. For some, that's 15 minutes, for others, it could be 24 hours, or more!

I've had wines that sucked ass that I re-corked and let sit there, then tried a week later because I was out of the good stuff and they were more than acceptable.

I've pretty much got it down to a science now and know that when I open a bottle that just came from the store that it will likely be too cold to enjoy (they're usually stored near coolers) and as a result, bitter.

Even if it's only 10 minutes in the glass, usually, most commercial wines need time to open up at room temperature before you can truly enjoy them.

Anyway, my latest go-to is Decadence, a cabernet by Menage A Trois. It's $9 a bottle, smooth, and not heavy or bitter at all. Try it, but remember it has to breathe before you drink it. 👍

Bert-o

I lost my rama

SRD.  I read the weather forecast last night, which included some crazy amount of rain (crazy to the point that I have never seen that icon before), lightning, and 20 mph+ winds between the hours of 5 and 7 a.m.  Seemed like an excellent sign that today should be RD for the week.  All this crap is supposed to clear up around 9 tonight, and then I guess winter as I know it will be over.  Back at it tomorrow.

Heard about the mud slides in the Santa Barbara area.  Tragic.  Be safe those in SoCal!

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours