Beginners and Beyond

A message to runners everywhere: shutttttt uppppppp (Read 114 times)

RunJasonRun

I once read something to the effect of, "Joggers run in place at intersections.  Runners just stand there looking annoyed."

I've always just stood there with an annoyed look, so I guess I'm a runner.

Nobody leaves this place without singing the blues.

I once read something to the effect of, "Joggers run in place at intersections.  Runners just stand there looking annoyed."

I've always just stood there with an annoyed look, so I guess I'm a runner.

Were you trying to quote my previous post, or did you just Jez that?

Dave

Cyberic

Now that I think of it, I'd say joggers feel the need to keep jogging in place at intersections, wheras runners just stand there, looking annoyed, until the light changes.

Bet no one had thought of that distinction before! 

LRB

Joggers are offended by the term jogging, runners couldn't care less so long as the beer is cold and the food is hot.

Joggers are offended by the term jogging, runners couldn't care less so long as the beer is cold and the food is hot.

Well by some standards, everyone here is a jogger anyway. Except of course Jay.

Dave

LRB

Well by some standards, everyone here is a jogger anyway. Except of course Jay.

Jogging, running, leaping, terrestrial locomotion, it's all good. Just have my drink ready. 

RunJasonRun

Were you trying to quote my previous post, or did you just Jez that?

I just Jezzed that, I think.  I somehow missed your previous post.  Great minds think alike, but you were there first.

Nobody leaves this place without singing the blues.

<-- Also a hobby jogger, but one who avoids routes with many traffic lights on quality days.  Drivers would see an active bitch face otherwise.

Buelligan

I've never jogged in place, I think that's stupid.  I run in small circles and try and time it right so I can sprint across the road between moving cars.  If you stop moving, the run doesn't count.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

I've never jogged in place, I think that's stupid.  I run in small circles and try and time it right so I can sprint across the road between moving cars.  If you stop moving, the run doesn't count.

Clockwise or counterclockwise... or do you alternate to balance out....  inquiring minds want to know

You must've been great at Frogger.

Dave

"I know, I know, running helps you stay fit. And live longer. And not have a double chin that you’re forced to cover up by growing a beard. But fast forward to 2053 when you’ll be forced to attend your grandson’s high school graduation. I’ll be dead. And that sounds way better than sitting through some lame-o valedictorian’s speech about “the journey.”

If I'm lucky, I'll be 93 and still vital. After the boring ceremony, I'll be sharing my longevity secret and bragging about being a runner even though I'm pretty sure I don't like running. But I really, really like finishing.

Oh...and that part about using running for sex. Good point.

Kathleen

2015 Goals:

Sub 30 5K

Sub 60 10K