Beginners and Beyond

GO ARMY! (Read 55 times)

Love the Half

Beat the hell out of Navy!

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Wow!

delicate flower

AHHH!

<3

happylily

That is one very good looking uniform. 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Love the Half

Goddamn squids.  That's 12 years in a row and it wasn't even close.  Blech.  

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

happylily

Okay, I have to admit I have no idea what is being talked about here. I thought it was about how good Brad looks in his uniform, but now I get the sense it's about something else. Some sports thing, no doubt. Damn Americans and their sports teams. 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Love the Half

The Army/Navy football game was today.  A few generations ago, it was one of the top games of the year.  It hasn't been that for a very long time but it was at least competitive until about a decade ago.  Since then, both Navy and Air Force have fielded qualitatively better teams than Army.  I good naturedly refer to Navy folks as "squids" or, in the case of today's game, "goddamn squids."  I should note that the game is played between the Cadets at the United States Military Academy in West Point, NY and the Midshipmen at the United States Naval Academy.

From WikI;

"At the end of the game, the alma maters of the losing team and then the winning team are played and sung. The winning team stands alongside the losing team and faces the losing academy students; then the losing team accompanies the winning team, facing their students. This is done in a show of mutual respect and solidarity.

LRS

Chasing Muses

Having been a Marine, I'm a Go Navy, Beat Army! guy. And the past 12 years have made being a fan a pleasure. But this part, hands down, and regardless of who wins, is my favorite. I look forward to it every year. Cheers LTH, sr!

"At the end of the game, the alma maters of the losing team and then the winning team are played and sung. The winning team stands alongside the losing team and faces the losing academy students; then the losing team accompanies the winning team, facing their students. This is done in a show of mutual respect and solidarity.

You Rang?

I'm former Coast Guard, so i guess as a fellow sea service, I'm rooting for Navy.  But I have nothing but bad memories of the Navy, especially the semi-competent dentists at the Long Beach Navy Base.

Nice photo, LTH!  That shot reminds me of the photo we inserted into the promotion package,  You looking for another stripe Deel?

Rick 

PR: 5k 25:01 (10/15) 10k: 57:44 (7/14) HM: 1:57 (5/15) FM: 4:55 (1/15)

Little Blue

So that was played AT West Point?  I saw a few seconds of it while flipping channels, and it looked wet and muddy.  I think it was 20-7 late in the 4th quarter, so I kept on flipping.

Wait, Air Force has a football team??

Love the Half

Nah Lurch, not looking for another stripe.  That was what I call my "retirement picture."  I knew I wasn't going to be promoted to Colonel but I wanted to have a picture make just before I retired so I had that one made about 9 months out.

LB, I think the game is played in the same stadium where the Philadelphia Eagles play.  The stadiums on each campus are much too small to hold the crowd for that game.

Look forward to that game yearly..

LRS

Chasing Muses

Nah Lurch, not looking for another stripe.  That was what I call my "retirement picture."  I knew I wasn't going to be promoted to Colonel but I wanted to have a picture make just before I retired so I had that one made about 9 months out.

LB, I think the game is played in the same stadium where the Philadelphia Eagles play.  The stadiums on each campus are much too small to hold the crowd for that game.

They have been alternating between the Linc in Philly and M&T Bank Stadium in Baltimore.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Yeah, that did not work out, unfortunately.  12 years in a row for Navy now, sheesh!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt