Beginners and Beyond

Saw a guy in a jock strap yesterday (Read 269 times)

Hip Redux

OK, now that makes more sense. LOL

That my friend is not a "fancy jock strap", that is your uniform for your upcoming audition as a male exotic dancer.

GC100k

We did wear jock straps when I was running track in college.  No liners in the shorts.

At one meet, I was warming up a minute before I was up for the high jump when "snap" - it broke, leaving me unsupported.  Plus short shorts and high jumping: a whole new visual for "fosbury flop".  So I grabbed some athletic tape, ducked into an equipment shed, and taped up the jock.

After that, I'm not too sympathetic to those who cry about the pain of taking a little bandaid off their hairy nipples.

thekl0wn

Pigtail Connoisseur

LOL... I would say we need a picture, but I'm not sure I want to see it. Big grin

There are pics someplace.  Wore it to a black & white party.  The objective was for everyone to wear all black, all white, or a combination of the two...  So we got good and drunk and showed up in our best black cowboy boots and jockstraps.  Apparently the goal was for suits/tuxedos.

Needless to say, we were asked to leave.

Something witty

happylily

There are pics someplace.  Wore it to a black & white party.  The objective was for everyone to wear all black, all white, or a combination of the two...  So we got good and drunk and showed up in our best black cowboy boots and jockstraps.  Apparently the goal was for suits/tuxedos.

Needless to say, we were asked to leave.

Why am I not surprised you could do something like that Big grin

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

bobruns

LOL... I would say we need a picture, but I'm not sure I want to see it. Big grin

Speak for yourself...that IS a pic I would like to see...Shocked

Donna

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Ha...I believe the popular brand when I was in high school was called, "The Duke".

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I'm curious about this pic of Lee's too...

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

dyrstr8s

invisible

Hmm, this thread is not getting much traffic....

Yeah that is totally old school.

I am reminded of JHS & HS gym class when they were mandatory, but no one wanted to wear them. The coaches would actually do a "jock check" periodically - we would have to line up like a military inspection, and you would have to pull out one of the straps from under your shorts to show you were wearing it. Pretty creepy in hindsight.

When I played HS football, an athletic supporter with hard cup insert was required.  During practice guys would sneak up and do a "nut cup check", knock on the cup.  If you had the cup on, it made a knocking noise.  If not, you doubled over in pain.  Very creepy in hindsight.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

....I was unaware jockstraps were no longer worn.... hahahaha. Shows how much I know. Thought that they were the equivilent of sports bras for men, and was unaware there was an alternative to wearing one. Thought men wore compression shorts under regular shorts for the same reason I do...preventing inner thigh  chafing. Never thought about it, guess I assumed they had jock straps underneath LOL!!! Now I know....

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

RSX

....I was unaware jockstraps were no longer worn.... hahahaha. Shows how much I know. Thought that they were the equivilent of sports bras for men, and was unaware there was an alternative to wearing one. Thought men wore compression shorts under regular shorts for the same reason I do...preventing inner thigh  chafing. Never thought about it, guess I assumed they had jock straps underneath LOL!!! Now I know....

I wear both. I know an x-ray tech who used to talk about older patients who hadn't worn jocks in their younger days.

Gator eye

I wear both. I know an x-ray tech who used to talk about older patients who hadn't worn jocks in their younger days.

You know your old when you sit down for the morning routine and can check the water temp at the same time.Surprised

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

First time I got one when I was young, I didn't know what it was for...so I put one on front and one on back.  My team made me the flagpole carrier...

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Crazy Q

Net Neaderthal & Escapee

For tacky commentary this thread should move to L&O.

But for awards purposes You'll all support this....

Wot? Run? I thought they said Rum!

sirdizzy

I thought of a use for a jock strap just a few weeks ago, was wearing compression shorts on the bike and I sat wrong and squashed my nuts and there is nowhere for them to go and your on the bike not pleasant.

Gator eye

This thread is much more entertaining than the chaffed boob thread in the health forum.