Beginners and Beyond

NYC Marathon (pics added page 2) (Read 115 times)

meaghansketch

T-Rod- Thank you!  I should have clarified the lack of caffeine thing-- I abstained for a week but then took some (1 cup black tea, 3 caffeinated gels) on race day.  As much as the withdrawal sucked, I think it was worth it.

Paula - Thank you!

Phil - Thank you!

Rick - Thanks!  It is easier (in a way) in a huge race because you see everyone in front of you raising their arms or giving a thumbs up or something.  I usually get such horrible race pics so I made an effort this time.

She Can- Thank you!  It is well worth it IMO!

Awood- Thank you!

Oski- Thank you!  The longer races are easier for me to remember-- I'm not as super-focused on going fast, and I was really trying to cement everything in my memory.

Julie- Thank you!  You are the sweetest!  My family is mostly anglophone (my stepfather's side is Francophone but he was an only child so I have no Francophone aunts or uncles or cousins).  I would love to meet you in NYC and hope you make it in to the marathon!  If not I take trips to Montreal at least once every couple years so maybe we will meet there instead!  Thank you so much for all your kind words-- I am absolutely sure that you are every bit as kind, poised and smart as you seem to think I am Smile

Beth- Thank you!

still bluesky- Augh, now I am worried I am overselling it!  Hope I haven't given you too expensive an itch!  Thank you!

workinprogress- Thank you!  I feel pretty good about them myself!

Scott- Thank you!  I don't usually so it feels nice to get a good picture!

Melissa- Thank you so much!

outoftheblue- Thank you!

skygazer- Thank you!  Yes, it was unbelievable to me that I was thinking that!  I think the first thing I said when my sister asked me how it was was "would you believe me if I told you it was over so quickly?"

Jay- People are always surprised when they find out I'm Canadian, I'm not trying to hide it but I guess it just doesn't come up very much!  (plus I've lost my accent-- much to my chagrin).  Thank you for your kind comments, your Erie RR was a real inspiration to me.

sheepla- Thank you, one of the last things I read before the race was how much speeding up/slowing down drains your energy even if you're overall running the same pace, so I really tried to focus on keeping things consistent.  I failed a bit in a couple places but overall I think the consistent pacing really helped me have some energy left over the last few miles.

paulski- Thank you!