Beginners and Beyond

Wet weekend Penguins (Read 18 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Congrats UltraMarathoner Lauren !!!

From the Internet.

Thanks!! Big grin

I'm an ultramarathoner!

It was awesome and I loved it and I'm enamored with super long races now. RR to come, I'm at the free beer afterparty now.

Brilliant

WTG Lauren!  I can't wait to read the RR.  Enjoy the beer; you've earned it!

Docket_Rocket

Congrats!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

GinnyinPA

Lauren - how many miles did you end up doing?  Congratulations anyway.

PAD - good job on the 20, especially after racing yesterday.

I had a good LR today too, but not in your leagues.  I was in the mood to be in the mountains, so I drove 30 minutes to the state forest to the west of us (we have one to the east as well, about the same distance) and I ran a forest road along a creek in a deep wooded valley.  It was a good run, with over 1400' elevation gain and loss.  Uphill for 5 miles, then down for 2, then up 2, then down 5, then one up and down past the car and back to give myself an extra mile.  First time I've done this route, but it was a good one.  I'm completely wiped out now, but with all the downhill at the end, I didn't feel that bad while I was running it.

Zelanie

Congrats, Lauren!  You continue to impress. Smile

PAD- Way to go!

Ginny, that sounds like a great run!

I told myself to suck it up and did my LR in the rain.  Of course I got out there and it wasn't really all that rainy.  I probably didn't need long sleeves, rain jacket, waterproof hat, tights, and gloves, but I was prepared!  Wasn't cold for a second, heh.  Plus my jacket did keep my mp3 player dry the whole way, so that's promising for winter runs.