Beginners and Beyond

Absentee Ballot TuesDAILIES (Read 42 times)

Cyberic

We voted last Friday. Got out the ol voters guide as a family and read through it together.

Tonight I have 2 x 3 @ MP -10 seconds. I realized last night that last week I actually ran this week's workout (no wonder it felt hard), but I think I'll stay a week ahead on Tuesdays. Then on the last week I can run my MP run on Tuesday and run easy on Thursday that week to start taper 2 days sooner.

Ah! Hansons' Tuesday workout.

What you're saying makes sense. What I did this cycle in the last week was to do Tuesday's workout on Monday, and Thursday's MP run on Wednesday (since there was no long run that Sunday), to get one extra taper day. One way or the other won't make any difference on the big day, so why not?

Cyberic

Hmmm... I'll probably forget by next Tuesday (my weekly interval/speed session), but I promise I'll try to remember.....

I think your friends at daily mile would appreciate, also. You say you have a hard time with posts with many words...

Zelanie

Ah! Hansons' Tuesday workout.

What you're saying makes sense. What I did this cycle in the last week was to do Tuesday's workout on Monday, and Thursday's MP run on Wednesday (since there was no long run that Sunday), to get one extra taper day. One way or the other won't make any difference on the big day, so why not?

That works too. I've been doing my workouts Tuesdays and Fridays because of my work schedule. Might even have to move to Wednesdays and Fridays because I'm working Tuesday nights for at least a little while. So I think I'll skip a workout my last week. But with where I am with my training, that makes more sense.

GinnyinPA

Pennsylvania doesn't seem to have early voting, at least not in our area.  We don't get a Voter's Guide either.  Fortunately, we rarely have referenda, so the guide isn't as necessary as it is when you have a lot of propositions. I hate having Judges on the ballot, because unless they are truly horrific, I never know enough to vote yay or nay.

I ran 6 very windy miles this afternoon.

Cyberic

Anyone here playing SquadRunner? Kind of a miles game, I guess.

LRB

Anyone here playing SquadRunner? Kind of a miles game, I guess.

Never heard of it. But of course, I am the last person to hear about anything tech related. I'm like a real life Neanderthal man. lol

Half Crazy K 2.0

I ran 7 with 5 x 5 minutes. I meant to do them between 10k and HM pacec (8:50-9:15 or so). In reality, paces were 9:11, 8:46, 8:45, 8:19 and 8:18. I don't know where those last 2 came from, that's much faster than my recent 5k pace and it didn't really seem hard.If anything, it felt like I couldn't get my legs to move quick enough. Yep, fall is here.

onemile

I ran 8 but my garmin died at mile 6 and now it won't upload it 

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Never heard of it. But of course, I am the last person to hear about anything tech related. I'm like a real life Neanderthal man. lol

You heard it before me, so you are not the last person 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

I ran 7 with 5 x 5 minutes. I meant to do them between 10k and HM pacec (8:50-9:15 or so). In reality, paces were 9:11, 8:46, 8:45, 8:19 and 8:18. I don't know where those last 2 came from, that's much faster than my recent 5k pace and it didn't really seem hard.If anything, it felt like I couldn't get my legs to move quick enough. Yep, fall is here.

I ran a 6:09 mile the other day at the track without so much as an elevated heartbeat let Garmin tell it.

Docket_Rocket

Ran 5 with hubby and I could barely breathe.  Then head outside and do the 6th mile fast.  I think I got what I'm allergic to...the husband!  Lifted weights too.  Now I'm sore as fuck.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Ric-G

6 miles this evening...I vote sporadically...here in socal it doesn't matter much.

marathon pr - 3:16

Zelanie

2 x 3 miles done!  Felt really good.  I'm doing what they say not to do and overrunning my intervals.  Target pace supposedly 10:09.

9:59, 9:54, 9:45

10:07, 9:54, 9:53

I think that's probably because I just set my watch to show current pace, then try to aim for 10:00 because that's math that I can do in my head while running at pace.