Beginners and Beyond

Hello Thursdailies (Read 32 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

My INKnBURN is very valuable (last set I sold on ebay went for $700!) but I don't treat the dirty ones as nice as you.

I might have to sell my shorts and pants, my butt and thighs don't really fit no more but I'm going to wait until after this summer.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Holy smokes! What sold for that much? I might now be willing to part with a few pieces.

Classic stuff.  the Muscle Kit (one of the vintage halloween designs).  Some classic jackets have gone for thousands!

it does pay to have been a client since 2011 sometimes, ha.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

I might have to sell my shorts and pants, my butt and thighs don't really fit no more but I'm going to wait until after this summer.

It's weird how some things sell ASAP and some languish too.  Only way to find out is posting them and see which ones they are.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

Today went by in a flash.  It's like I woke up this morning two minutes ago.  I swam 2500 yards before work then did a 45 minute treadmill interval run after work.  Three treadmill runs in a row.  I'll take the running back outside tomorrow and hopefully won't need the treadmill again any time soon.

Marvel Freaks--I need your recommendations. Per the inter-webs, there seems to be some discrepancies on which order to watch them.

Personally I would watch them in the order in which they were released, as Marvel intended.

<3

Marvel Freaks--I need your recommendations. Per the inter-webs, there seems to be some discrepancies on which order to watch them.

So yeah, there are bunch of options. Funny you mention this. I saw a post sometime in December 2017 that said if you watch an MCU movie every week starting 1/1/18, the week after you are done with all of them, Infinity War is released. Challenge was accepted! DD & I did just that. After some consideration, we took the fallback position of just watching them all in release order. Which works just fine. The only monkey wrench was that Black Panther was released during that time, so we saw that one out of order. And it wasn't available to re-watch the week before Infinity War. Which worked out anyway, since they ended up pulling in the IW release date in by 1 week. The whole thing was great fun (and dad-daughter bonding). Something to look forward every weekend. I had seen them all before, but watching them all in sequence you pick up so many more connections and small details. They really did do a good job building the whole universe, and were clearly planning several steps ahead the whole way. I am actually excited for you if you do this. 

Dave

Here's the tl:dr version of my post.

Personally I would watch them in the order in which they were released, as Marvel intended.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Me too!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

It's weird how some things sell ASAP and some languish too.  Only way to find out is posting them and see which ones they are.

But I like them lol, well I really like the 2 pairs of shorts. I keep tearing the insides of the pants lol

The Marvel movies, I'd watch them in chronological order, just so everything makes sense.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

RunningOnSand

Awesome! Thanks, guys!! Okay it's totally on. My older kids are really jonesin' to watch them, and I love them, so we are totally going to do this. We watched Iron Man last weekend, so I think it's The Incredible Hulk this weekend! I'm excited, too. Smile

GinnyinPA

45 and rainy this morning when we walked the dog, 37 with 20 mph winds and snow flakes when I went out for my run. It was about 33 when I finished. I ran 12.1 easy. I was supposed to do it tomorrow, but it's going to be colder and still windy, plus all the puddles from today's rain and melting snow will be solid ice. I'd rather have tomorrow as my rest day.

RunningOnSand

45 and rainy this morning when we walked the dog, 37 with 20 mph winds and snow flakes when I went out for my run. It was about 33 when I finished. I ran 12.1 easy. I was supposed to do it tomorrow, but it's going to be colder and still windy, plus all the puddles from today's rain and melting snow will be solid ice. I'd rather have tomorrow as my rest day.

You guys get a lot of strong winds. I would have made the same decision for switching the days.

So, speaking of weather, next Wednesday we are supposed to have a high of -10*F. With 10-15mph winds. Which equates to about -32*F at a feels like temp. That's for a high.

Awesome! Thanks, guys!! Okay it's totally on. My older kids are really jonesin' to watch them, and I love them, so we are totally going to do this. We watched Iron Man last weekend, so I think it's The Incredible Hulk this weekend! I'm excited, too. Smile

Cool.  Some might even be free depending on what kind of cable and or streaming services you have. The first Iron Man is a classic, hard to say if it’s the best of the series, but it’s the one that started it all. The entire sequence where he builds the original suit in a cave, from a box of scraps, is timeless.

The Hulk actually imho is the worst of the series and can be skipped. But might as well watch it. Just know they get better.

Dave

onemile

I love the happy-go-lucky-doofus lab personality.  Not much gets them down.

I like my dogs with a little bit of attitude 

onemile

So, speaking of weather, next Wednesday we are supposed to have a high of -10*F. With 10-15mph winds. Which equates to about -32*F at a feels like temp. That's for a high.

I think I'm gonna stay in AZ