Beginners and Beyond

TUESDAILIES = You Had Me at 'Let's Run' (Read 247 times)

RM2B, sweet half. Lily, great 10. April, I hope you enjoyed your five with your RP. scottydawg, I'm glad you're OK. neverrow, how can 9.2 not score you any points? FlippyNoodle, I almost fell on my tuchus about two weeks ago because sprinkler water froze:/ Tom, nice job with the intervals. Shari, I'm glad you took it inside and avoided injury...I hope that your neck and shoulder are OK soon. So_Im_a_Runner, yay on the hill sprints! Robert, 3.3 and productive cross training; I like itSmile buchy2009, which race will you run? jneilt, I'm happy that you're on the mend. Fuzzy, excellent run. B-Plus, what game do you mean? Jay, you were flying at that pace; 6:45?!?
      I'm babysitting a friend's three-and-a-half-year-old twins overnight. After grocery shopping, dinner, and their bedtime routine, I did my ab work and push-ups. At the gym this morning, two of the trainers/managers commented that I should consider entering figure competitions and asked me if I'd be willing to be photographed for promotional materials. I was flattered, but completely shocked. I have trouble seeing the shape in which I am; all I see is how I can improve. For various reasons, including my vehement hate of being photographed, I said no.
      B-Plus

Basya - the Winter Running Contest on RWOLBF:

http://forums.runnersworld.com/forums/runner-communities/beginners#plckforumpage=ForumDiscussion&plckforumid=Cat%3ARunner%20CommunitiesForum%3A608106477&plckforumsearchdisconly=false&plckforumsearchtext=winter&plckforumsearchtitleonly=true&plckforumsearchtextfuzzy=false&plckforumsearchusername=guest2634&plckforumsearchuserdisconly=false&plckforumsearchusernamefuzzy=false&plckforumsearchstartdays=0&plckforumsearchdaysolder=false&plckforumsearchsortcolumn=CreatedOn&plckforumsearchsortascending=false&plckpostid=&plckdiscussionid=Cat%3ARunner%20CommunitiesForum%3A608106477Discussion%3Ab2b8898c-0630-4d49-94e5-8a18fb30ef82&plckforumpostshowfirstunread=&plckforumpostonpage=1

Docket_Rocket

Hi dailies:

Weezer - shorts in the 20's?  Yikes!

D - I'll trade ya some 30's for your 80's a couple times a week

Baboon - no knuckle lights on the treadmill, unless you turn out the lights

Scotty - glad you and everyone else are OK

Lily - nice tempo run, and on a full stomach.  Mine had turkey meatloaf and baked potato with no ill effects Smile

Heidi - good stuff, looks like the rest week didn't bring you down any.  Is that bout with being sick all cleared up too?

10.9 with roughly 5 at tempo, 6:45 pace overall.  A Mexican restaurant near my work caught fire today, hopefully no one was hurt.  Looks like the building is a write-off.

Can I send you the bad humidity we have?  I can just send you that, now that you ask.  75 dewpoint and 90% humidity coming your way, Federal Express next day!

I ran and I was so soaked that when I got into the supermarket, the cashier asked me whether it had been raining long. 

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

13 miles, including 5 MP miles, in at 8:20 overall pace.  I felt really great tonight even though my calves were sore from yesterday's run (that's the thanks I get for the week off) and this was a pretty fast overall run for me.

You're fast! Your overall pace is about equal to my 5K race pace! Smile

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54