Beginners and Beyond

Race swag (Read 151 times)

Ball of Fury

I got $100 cash for winning my age group at a 5K last weekend. That's kind of hard to beat.

Yes, it is!!  Which reminds me that I also won a pair of Inov-8 trail shoes and a free race entry at the Spartan Race that gave me the carving!  How could I have forgotten?

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Rondog65

My best SWAG is yet to come but I am working my way there.  We have 3 local half marathons in our area and if you complete all 3 in a year you earn the trilogy jacket.  1 down with 2 to go.

Ron's PRs 5K 24:14 (12/07/2013); Half Marathon 1:53:33 (5/26/2013)

aplodder

Susan

Some of my favorites:

-A New Balance hoodie/ jacket from Midsummer's Night Race in Toronto.  There was also a giant medal.  Wish I'd run more than 10 miles to get it.

-The fleece blanket and hat I got at the finish line of Shamrock Marathon a couple of weeks ago. Oh, and the four Yuenglings from the finish line party.

-A slate coaster with the race name and a little deer fly painted on it from "Run with the Deer Flies" trail race in Indiana, PA

-Arm sleeves and a foldable plastic rain jacket from Myrtle Beach Half last year.  I didn't use either for the race, but they will be nice to have at the cold start of another race.

-Socks-from several races.  These are always welcome.

Hip Redux

I got $100 cash for winning my age group at a 5K last weekend. That's kind of hard to beat.

I'll always take cash!

LRB

I'll always take cash!

Also known as cash and carry!

StepbyStep-SH

The first year of our local marathon there were only about a hundred runners and I managed to be second in my age group, which earned me a very nice running gear bag with a separate compartment for shoes. I use it every time I go to the gym.

I also like getting things like beer glasses and mugs, socks, hats and headbands - something I can use!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

happylily

I also got $100 for winning my age group, but I had to go 42k for it, not 5. I don't think that's very fair at all. Big grin

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Adam_McAllen

Beer-and-waffle Powered

I won my age group in a low-key 10K just outside of Bordeaux when I was doing an internship there. The trophy was the AG award and the bottle of wine was given to all participants.

I was the only runner under 25.

In the words of my late-coach : Just hang in there, relax... and at the end of a race anyone you see.....just pass them

Ooooh, I forgot one of my favorites:  We won "Free Panera Bread for a year"!   Then 3 weeks later, we won "Free Panera Bagels for a year!"  --- I was never a bagel eater before that, but now I am ...they're awesome :-)

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

GC100k

Somewhere I have a trophy for second fastest fat guy in the Tulsa marathon.  Other than that just a few ribbons, which I didn't keep.

My wife has been a runner for 30 years but has no interest in racing.  I pointed out that she could easily win her age group at some local races.  She got excited and asked "how much money would I win?" and was about ready to start registering.  I answered that the races I'm talking about you win a ribbon or a gift certificate or something.  She was like "so I have to pay to run and I might win something worth less than the entrance fee?".  That was the end of that.  She totally doesn't get why you'd race just for fun.

Don't call me Buttercup!

Frederick Running Festival just posted this pic of this year's "Premium" on their Facebook page.  I can't wait to get this one. :-)

Hey! I'll be getting that one, too! =)

I've never won anything, since they don't tend to give awards to back of the pack-ers, but I will be getting my first ever finishers medal next weekend! =)

Slow and steady wins the....  wait a second! I've been lied to!