Beginners and Beyond

Dangers of too much protein......as I well suspected was coming.... (Read 127 times)

LRB

Careful LTH will drop a load on your 110% and it wont be love.   

I originally had it higher but changed it!

workinprogress11

The small can (2 servings) of Bush's Vegetarian Baked Beans straight out of the fridge is one of my favorite post-run snacks.

Definitely not my cup of tea.  Actually, I don't like tea either.

I am a vegetarian and was not getting enough protein until I started drinking protein shakes because I'm actually kind of bad at being a vegetarian.  I definitely feel a difference in my running the next day if I haven't had enough protein the day before.

"The meal's not over when I'm full; the meal's over when I hate myself"

- Louis CK.

Dave

You all make me feel guilty. I have no idea how many grams of protein I consume in a day, or how many calories for that matter. Do you all weigh your food? Doesn't it take the fun out of eating?

+1

I just know if I'm awake, I'm eating. I'm sure there's some protein in there somewhere.

Dave

happylily

+1

I just know if I'm awake, I'm eating. I'm sure there's some protein in there somewhere.

In this training cycle, I eat ALL THE TIME. First breakfast at 7 am, then every 2 hours I have either yogurt, crackers and cheese, fruits, milk and cookies, etc... That goes on until I go run around 5 pm. So at least 4 or 5 snacks during the day. For lunch, I often have a regular sized plate of the leftovers from the night before. For supper, around 7 pm, I eat as much as my 170 lbs SO and my 16 year old son. Maybe even as much as the two of them combined! (no, that last bit isn't true. ).

I'm pretty proud of my eating too. 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Walk-Jogger

"The meal's not over when I'm full; the meal's over when I hate myself"

- Louis CK.

Hahahaha . . .  That's good  - why haven't I heard that one before?

Retired &  Loving It

StartingOver42

faster than a glacier

Careful LTH will drop a load on your 110% and it wont be love.   

Yeah he's not big on figures of speech for some reason.