Beginners and Beyond

SATURDAILIES are all right for running (Read 249 times)

Ball of Fury

Heidi:  Great to hear your ITB is feeling better and you are back out there!  My marathon is next Sunday, the 13th, at Disney.  I am feeling pretty good, except for a mild case of taper madness.  ITB is better (pain free for 3 runs in a row...yay!) and my cold is improving so things are looking up!  I am a tad concerned about the weather next weekend, because it is looking to be a bit warmer/more humid than I would like, but there is no sense worrying it about, right?

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

happylily

Good morning!

I had a time trial earlier, at the track, with my coach. He made me run 10k, after a 1.5 mile warm-up about 10:00 pace. I did 44:56 for the 10k, which is a tad faster than what I've done in the past, but not by much at all. It's frustrating, I haven't seen much improvement in my short distances speed in the last 12 months... I finished with 9 miles total, 7:51 pace overall. For once, my coach did not make any negative comments to me, he just said not to worry about it. sigh... Now we're off to have lunch at a French restaurant with some friends. Friends, rich sauce and baguette are exactly what I need at this moment to make feel better. Smile

Have a great day everyone!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

happylily

Heidi:  Great to hear your ITB is feeling better and you are back out there!  My marathon is next Sunday, the 13th, at Disney.  I am feeling pretty good, except for a mild case of taper madness.  ITB is better (pain free for 3 runs in a row...yay!) and my cold is improving so things are looking up!  I am a tad concerned about the weather next weekend, because it is looking to be a bit warmer/more humid than I would like, but there is no sense worrying it about, right?

You will be in fine form come race day! It's best to get all those little bobos in training and then be done with them when it's your big day. Don't worry about the weather. If you can't control it, you just go with it, like everyone else. You will do great!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Docket_Rocket

Late to the kettlebell discussion but I love mine too.

AmiK, stay resting until the race (don't go out and do speedwork at this point with your ITB).  Hope I get to meet you there!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I used to take a Kettlebell class at the gym near my old apartment occasionally. Great workout!

Heidi so happy to hear about all your pain free runs lately!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Snowflake 5K result:

25:33 (1:34 PR)

Splits:

1: 8:23

2: 8:12

3: 8:10

4: 7:33 (last .1)

Small race, but I took my first ever AG award (3rd). Flying high right now, boys and girls.

@runjerseygirl

Snowflake 5K result:

Splits:

Small race, but I took my first ever AG award (3rd). Flying high right now, boys and girls.

Awesome!  Congrats!

Do you even run?

LRB

And of course the sun disappeared before I went out and never came back!

As it is, I got in 6.1 easy miles @ 8:57 - which included a 6:13 last tenth of a mile.  That was nice!

delicate flower

Andy, great job on the 5K!  Good stuff!

My ski day got cut short an hour in.  Crashed, wrenched my knee, had to be sledded to first aid by ski patrol.  That's a first for me.  I'm injured but at this point I don't know how bad.  It hurts though...same knee I had ACL reconstruction on three years ago.  Shit.

<3

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

Congrats c0derunner!!!! I'm taking today off to try and give the hips and hamstrings some more rest. If they feel okay tomorrow, I will try a slow and short run. My son's best friend's mom is a PT and she is going to check my hip alignment tomorrow when we get the kids together for a playdate.

LRB

Found my new 5mile route today. Start and finish at my driveway exactly 5 miles!

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

My ski day got cut short an hour in.  Crashed, wrenched my knee, had to be sledded to first aid by ski patrol.  That's a first for me.  I'm injured but at this point I don't know how bad.  It hurts though...same knee I had ACL reconstruction on three years ago.  Shit.

oh no, Phil!!!!! Shit!!!!!!!! I'm gonna keep my fingers crossed for you that it isn't terrible.

Docket_Rocket

Congrats!

Snowflake 5K result:

Splits:

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Hoping it's not major.  Boo.

Damaris

Fundraising Page