Beginners and Beyond

Talalgia Thursday Penguins! (Read 21 times)

tracilynn

Scotty, you're funny. Haha. Glad it went well. But wouldn't you be nervous to be on the 10 year plan anyway?  I think it's all good With 5.  Enjoy your day off and your ice cream

~~~~~~~

Traci

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Scotty: glad you made it back in one piece. Enjoy the ice cream!

Traci: I'm hoping for 9:20-10:00. I may try to bring my phone to take pictures and post live FB updates but I can't get comfortable with it even on short runs.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Sorry about the AT discomfort, Jimmy!  Might try some heel lifts (Spenco, sorbothane, sof-sole, etc) as a temporary to take the pressure of that part of your heel as you run, and to give you time to strengthen it up.

I told her no, and that if she starts something she's going to finish so we ran around the block and I dropped her back at the house at 1.6 miles and finished the .4 alone.   And how was sleeping on the couch last night?

Nice running for you, Zelanie!

Good luck with the long run Saturday, Jack!  BTW, how is the rain situation there now?  Hope you are yours are all safe!

Happy biking, Damaris!  BTW, I thought I saw you this morning in my "colonoscopy tunnel"  with one of the Hobbits...   Miami has tornadoes?

Sounds like you are getting back to your awesome running self, Lauren!

Narrow park bridges.  Damn.  Umm, if you have bridges, isn't that supposed to be 'dam'?    Good luck with that race, sounds like some slip-n-slides will be happening!   Please try and not be one of them.

Hope your new tool helps with the knee, HsM!

Good for you for volunteering, Ginny!  Volunteering for a race always gives you a very new perspective on the race.  Also makes you really appreciate those volunteers out there for a race when you are doing one, after you know first-hand what they have to deal with sometimes.

Cherie, sometimes you need a day like that of not doing much.  I pretty much laid around for most of today. 

Congrats on your rolling hills workout, Baconista!   And on getting the "donut sign."

((((Tracilynn)))  So sorry you are having all these aches and pains to deal with!  Hmm, maybe I can hook you up with Jimmy The Bartender...   If I ever DID run on a treadmill, Traci, and you were running beside me, it would not be your darn treadmill I'd be noticing!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Since I couldn't go outside, I ran a mile on the TM.  11:31mm pace but got it done.

Scotty, not very often but there have been some tornadoes touching down Ft. Lauderdale and South Miami with damages to 1-2 homes so we're always watching.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Amazonian Princess

Hugs to scotty for getting his screening done!

Thank you for taking care of yourself

I can. I will. I am. 

on my way to badass

Hi Penguins!

DR- So nice to hear that you are pain free!

I don't have much else.  Still working on training program although I am substituting hill workouts for track workouts.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

GinnyinPA

Damaris - good job on the mile jog.  Sorry you're still feeling pain in the groin area though.

Scotty - too bad they found polyps; did they test them on the spot or do you have to wait to find out if they are benign?  Enjoy your rest and refuel day tomorrow.

Stonefence - hills are a really good workout.  Why them rather than speed though?

Baconista - what's the difference in oatmeals?  I just buy regular Quaker oats.  Does steel cut take longer to cook?  Brown bread and cheese is a good breakfast, though the donut probably tasted better.

Tracilynn - sorry about the tendon pain.  Do you know what causes it?  Your tm neighbor would be intimidating.  I remember climbing a steep section on the AT on my first thruhike and being passed by a marathoner who was also hiking the trail.  He wasn't even sweating, while I was dripping with sweat and struggling to reach the top.  I knew that no matter how fit I got, I'd never be that  strong.

Awood - have you run with screws in your shoes before?

Cherie - hope you enjoyed your bike ride.

We ended up heading to the AT to do an easy 6 mile hike this afternoon.  Still a few inches of snow and it was soft enough we were postholing every few steps, but it was fun to get out in the woods finally.

PADRunner

Glad it went well Scotty. I'm on a 4 year plan due to family history.

Did they close Wilford Hall? My dad was there in '84.