Beginners and Beyond

WheresWednesdayPenguins? (Read 18 times)

SheCan

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

SheCan

Hey loves!   Am I blind?  I didn't see a thread, but happy almost last day of the year!

I got in just over 7 easy miles, on this cool day.  Hope everyone is doing great.  I've been a little freaked out about what I saw about the Learned foot.  Wow, I can't imagine.  So just so y'all know, I really, really really am this nerdy girl, who has trouble running but occasionally does a race or 2, and has a boring life.  I am who I say I am!  LOL

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Docket_Rocket

We have been lazy, that's why!

Continuing my lazy last week with Pilates and a massage.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

SheCan

DR, you lazy?   I think not!   You're just enjoying a slower day.   A massage sounds heavenly!

Cherie

Docket_Rocket

DR, you lazy?   I think not!   You're just enjoying a slower day.   A massage sounds heavenly!

Slower week.  I have not run since Sunday when I hit my mileage goal for the year.  Taking some time off before my drunkracing marathon next week with Mary at Dopey.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Wandering Wally

No running through the weekend as we were visiting family and making merry. Did some cardio with a snow shovel last night. Still feeling it today. I'm thinking my running might be done for 2015 and I will crank it back up on January 1st.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

GinnyinPA

SheCan - thanks for getting us started.  I am so glad you're back with us.  What is the Learned foot?

D - as many miles as you've racked up this year, you've earned a rest break.

MJSmith - after shoveling the white stuff, you've probably earned a break too. Depending on how wet or powdery it is, shoveling is a good workout.

I had a really good 6 mile run today in the hilly neighborhood near us.  I sprinted up all the hills, a dozen or so,  then jogged on the flat or downhill stretches.  It was fun.

SheCan

DR-- drunkracing marathon !  LOL, how fun!   we need, need, need pictures of that!

MJ--- snow shoveling really is a great workout!   Thankfully, it's one i can always avoid here.  Smile

Ginny-  sounds like your body is responding well to your training.  I love that invincible feel when hills feel great and fun instead of hard.  Keep the momentum going, and don't over do it.  "Thelearnedfoot" was an popular member on the beginner's forum on Runner's world years back.  I never talked to her, but I remember people being very in awe of her.  Apparently she pulled some big hoax on a bunch of people with fake personas & drawn out drama.

Cherie