Beginners and Beyond

Weekend Penguins are seeing stars! (Read 20 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Today is the start of my 5th year as a runner.  Hoping year 5 is more productive than year 4 was.

Congrats Robert !!!  Have a great year 5.

10 miles for us this morning. Really humid out there, but it was thankfully cool and overcast.

PADRunner

13.1 this morning.

Brilliant

URD for me this morning because yesterday's run wore me out and my knee was wobbly when I got out of bed.

I hope everyone had a great weekend.

Brilliant

13.1 this morning.

Just a training run?

Amazonian Princess

Had a fun 10k yesterday; my trainer showed up to run it with me and I learned it's quite difficult to hold my race pace and be conversant  Still did better than expected and outkicked the lady in the straw hat. Yep, someone showed up for a 10k sporting garden party gear. I know I'm slow but hell if Minnie Pearl is gonna finish before me. Not. Happening.

Hi, Docket, hope you managed to stay cool this weekend. Hope Mr Docket is doing well, too

Of course Arlo Guthrie counts, Zelanie  My high school Latin teacher knew him loooong ago. Hope you're enjoying Ashland! Are the plays done Elizabethan or are they modernized?

Hi, Jerry, nice ten this morning! Any celebs in your area? Doesn't Oprah own Chicago or something? 

3rd in your AG  on Saturday is awesome, PAD, then a half today?

Brilliant - being an intern on Capitol Hill sounds intimidating, interesting, and amazing! Great pic with Audra McDonald (ok, I had to Google her and didn't realize she was raised in Fresno; woo hoo Central Valley!) Hope your knee is doing better.

Yay, Lauren is running!!!  Makes that pool time worth it, I hope!

Um, h4l, you're an Ambassador, I think that makes you a celebrity! Someday I'd like to be a fast enough runner to push a chair in an event, it seems a wonderful way to honor the gift of running by sharing it!

Happy Runniversary (plus a day) Robert!

I can. I will. I am. 

Zelanie

Brilliant, it depends on the show.  A couple of years ago, we saw a taming of the shrew with a 50's boardwalk vibe, and a King Lear set in 1990ish where one of the bad sons-in-law wore a Man U robe.

This year Antony and Cleopatra was sort of set in nondescript modern times by the dress and some of the set design.

The other two were definitely set in the past. Pericles seems like it would be tough to update just because the whole premise is how difficult travel and even exchanging information was back then (set in Greek times).

They were good shows,  as usual. Everything they do, they do with high quality. Pericles was the best. I think a lot of the audience was tearing up at the end, and that was with a happy ending!

We're home now, and I still need to get my run in and get my head into the new school year!

PADRunner

Just a training run?

Yea it was. 13 was on the schedule.