Beginners and Beyond

Wacky Wobbling Wednesday Penguins (Read 38 times)

Bin Running

Easy 6M for me today...  Was to do 8M with 8 x 100 but had to switch around due to knocking off work later..

Rach, that's cold.. Don't think I have been anywhere so cold before..

Mitch, Nice run..
    Awood, Happy traveling..
    Gustav, Hold your horses... Ease into it.. That's why you go on a plan, right?
    Vance, Good luck with better weather next week..
    Damaris, Enjoy the recovery.. Like the hairband you had on FB
    Kristin, Rest well..
    Jimmy, Sleep tight..
    Jerry, good morning!
    Scotty, 4 legged pal might be a deer? Any deer treats you carry during your run?
    Dave, Great job on the 8M..

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

good morning friends.

I did a lil over 4 miles this am. I was a little worried because monday morning I cut my run short with knee pain. Today- no pain Smile

I threw some strides in and had a good time. I was a little faster than normal, but not fast by any means.

Make today great,

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I read this morning that the Government bailed out Hostess:

The State Department got all the Twinkies....

The Secret Service took all the HoHos.....

The military general staff got all the Cupcakes....

and the voters sent all the Ding Dongs to Congress

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Good thing us at DOJ didn't get any....

I read this morning that the Government bailed out Hostess:

The State Department got all the Twinkies....

The Secret Service took all the HoHos.....

The military general staff got all the Cupcakes....

and the voters sent all the Ding Dongs to Congress

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Good thing us at DOJ didn't get any....

i wouldnt mind a couple of twinkies right now. my banana for breakfast did nto hit the spot.

Tomas

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens...

I was out for a run last night and this sharp pain started with each step on the bottom of my foot! I was planning on seven but stopped at four. Now I can feel it a little bit when I walk. Is this plantar fasciitis?!  Jeesh, I hope not. I was just hitting a groove and getting ready to start training for my next HM. When I had my ITB issue, I felt that coming on for a number of days, but this new pain just instantly happened with no warning, unless sore calves are an indication? In any case, I am going for new shoes today (I was due anyway) and I am going to take a day or two off. I might even see my massage guy about it. Injuries and setbacks are more than annoying. Any suggestions?

Stay warm and be safe out there. Sorry, but it's 75 here. Smile

tracilynn

Busy pengs!

Rach, holy cow.  Thats cold.  Be safe.

Mitch, you made my spine curl with that biopsy talk.  I cant believe you are able to run at all.  Nice pace.

T rod, glad the knee is better.  Thats a relief Im sure.

Bin, slacker.  Just kidding.  Dont work too hard.

Lauren, sorry youre sick

Hello to everryone else

About to head to my orthoped appt about my PITA shin thingy.  Will do an easy 3M later and also do the strength stuff I was supposed to do yesterday.  Oops.

~~~~~~~

Traci

Jen16226

Good morning Penguins.

Bitter cold once again here.  ugh

Last night I managed intervals which felt pretty good, then this morning I got 4 miles in on the TM.  I learned a lesson though that until I get faster not to do more than 3 miles before work.  I kept looking at the time and was realizing I was cutting it close with getting done and having enough time to cool off and it just really made it even less enjoyable than it should have been.

But, I got it done and there ya have it.

Thanks to those offering advice on the unsupportive DH issue.  I am just using it to my advantage and continuing on with my training and doing it to the best of my ability.  Like I told him when that flew out of his mouth, I will do it, I can do it and I may not be the fastest one there, but I will hit the finish line with a smile on my face!

Tonight I have some strength training to do and I really need to hit the hamstrings.  This morning I kept feeling my right one (the one I pulled a few months back and rehabbed) aching and reallllllly got nervous that I was going to pull it.  It makes me glad tomorrow is rest day.

Coralie- WTG on your 4.1!!!!!  That is great!  I did that Saturday for the first time too so I know how excited you are and the feeling of accomplishment as well!!!!!!!!  Keep up the great work!

Rach- holy crap on -31!  and I am bitching about 6!!!!!!!  Hopefully you can connect with some locals up there that run.  Maybe a local running club?

Mitch- Nice job on your run and glad you feel better.

Awood- Have a safe trip.

Gustav- Don't modify!!!!!  LOL  I was plotting and trying to do something similar when I was done rehabbing my hammy and trying to get back into the running groove.

Scotty- I am sooooo jealous of your 75!  I hope you see some nice pups along the way!!

Jack- try stretching your foot.  Stand on a step with only the toes on the top and let the rest of your foot hang over the side.  Also sit on the ground and pull your toes back.  To massage, get one of those pink rubber balls (think stickball) and roll it with your foot.  My daughter has flair ups of plantar fasciitis from wearing her softball spikes and this is what helps her.

Alrighty.....back to work.  Everyone enjoy their day and if you aren't lucky enough to be Scotty in the nicer weather, stay warm!

Goals for 2013:

Run 10K Race- ACCOMPLISHED!!!!

Run HM

RACES:

2-9 Kittanning Rotary Club 5K 44:38 on ice UGH

3-9 New Port Richey, Fl Pasco Challenge 10K- 1:22:55

5-12 Komen Pittsburgh Race for the Cure 5K

7-6 Ford City Heritage Days 5K

8-4 Pittsburgh Rock n Roll 1/2 Marathon

9-29 Richard S.Caliguri City of Pittsburgh Great Race 5K

Docket_Rocket

Good luck at the doctor!

Busy pengs!

Rach, holy cow.  Thats cold.  Be safe.

Mitch, you made my spine curl with that biopsy talk.  I cant believe you are able to run at all.  Nice pace.

T rod, glad the knee is better.  Thats a relief Im sure.

Bin, slacker.  Just kidding.  Dont work too hard.

Lauren, sorry youre sick

Hello to everryone else

About to head to my orthoped appt about my PITA shin thingy.  Will do an easy 3M later and also do the strength stuff I was supposed to do yesterday.  Oops.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  Quartet practice last night was a blast, woo-hoo!  Tonight should be a run night, we'll see if it's too cold for me and DH.  We're wimpy that way ...

Rach -- I'm thinking winter in Alaska isn't the greatest place for ultimate Frisbee ...

hog -- glad your ribs are feeling better!!

awood -- travel safe!!

Gustav -- glad you got your fix!!

N-Bug -- enjoy your 6 tonight!!

Docket -- I think you need more sleep!

kristin -- hope the germs go away quickly!!

jblack -- sleep well!!

jerryb -- good morning!!

scotty -- making everybody jealous of your warm temps!!

D2 -- the coffee sounds great!!  I'm hungry this morning for some reason.

Bin -- woo-hoo for your six!!

T-rod -- woo-hoo for no pain!!

Jack -- sometimes if your calves are tight, it can relay pain to the arch of your foot.  If you've got a rolling pin or stick, roll your calves out for a few days, maybe it'll help!

traci -- hope your shin thingy gets fixed!!

Jen -- glad you got it done!  But yeah, scheduling is poopy sometimes.

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

I do, Hope's Mom.  But it's not going to happen!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

TooStupidToStop

Rach^

I will definitely get with runners up here before venturing out in the cold.

The bears here are actually sleeping ... except the polar bears, which are further North.

BAFM -- I actually asked to come up here. I am thoroughly enjoying it too! The cold doesn't bother me too much. When it gets too cold out, I just have to limit myself outdoors (or layer up more). Plus the base gym has an indoor a full-sized football field that gives us plenty of room to do stuff!

TooStupidToStop

Rach^

Oh and BTW, the ultimate Frisbee match is held indoors on the full-sized football field. We don't play that outside in the snow and ice. Safety first!

Off to the match! Wish me luck!

Mmmmm...beer

Good luck Rach!  One of these days I do want to get up to Alaska, it's one of the few states I haven't visited yet.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

just had some homemade veggie soup for lunch. this was way better than my salad yesterday. I am glad it turned out ok. I didnt follow any sort of recipe and I already packaged up containers for the rest of the week.

What do yall have for lunch today????

Tomas