Beginners and Beyond

Weird Charlie Horse Feeling........ Help (Read 35 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Not extremely worried, but it's a little annoying. Since last night or this morning or yesterday morning..... I've been have this constant Charlie Horse tightness in my left adductor. It doesn't hurt to run or walk, but it is that weird feeling like your thigh or any muscle is threatening to cramp up with the wrong position.

Is it serious or should I just tell my massage therapist about it tomorrow evening and see if she can help?

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

happylily

It's serious.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Hip Redux

It's serious.

Agreed.  I think you need to amputate.

Hip Redux

In all seriousness - just have the massage person work it out.

Cyberic

I have a saying since I started running: There is always something.

When it's not the groin, it's the hips, then the ankles, then the feet, then the calves/Achilles...

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Agreed.  I think you need to amputate.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

You guys are so funny... lol.

I guess I am just panicking over every little thing, expecting something else to go wrong and put off my running. I would kind of make sense on the soreness though, Wednesday morning I used the Hip Adductor machine and was definitely feeling the burn, then yesterday morning I used the hamstring leg extension and was feeling the burn there so I guess this is okay and I am not feeling it during my runs or evening walking so that is good.

I am going to tell my massage therapist to see if she can make things feel better tonight. I've got a 10 miler this Sunday and want to be feeling great enough to get through it.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)