Beginners and Beyond

Hit by a truck Sundailies (Read 41 times)

onemile

No time to rest on my laurels; 5k on Saturday. Any training suggestions for the week?

Easy runs Monday and Tuesday.  6x200m quick w/ 200m jog on Wednesday and short and easy Thursday and Friday.  (or a day off on Monday )

Cyberic

Easy runs Monday and Tuesday.  6x200m quick w/ 200m jog on Wednesday and short and easy Thursday and Friday.  (or a day off on Monday )

Are you the famous coach Jenny?

LRB

No time to rest on my laurels; 5k on Saturday. Any training suggestions for the week?

Wonderful.

There's really no training for a race 6 days away. You either run easy to recover and prepare, or do something short and quick for sharpness.

LRB

Hey LRB, Target has movie theater size boxes of Lemonheads. The store I was in had them in the front section that usually has dollar deals.

BOING.

LRB

Don't watch Now you see me 2. No comparison to the first.

I never got around to seeing that.

There's really no training for a race 6 days away. You either run easy to recover and prepare, or do something short and quick for sharpness.

Right. But I knew Coach Jenny would come up with something. 

Dave

Docket_Rocket

15 with the last 3 miles fast, which ended up being from HM to close to 5K.  Ouch.  It was a good workout, though, one that I had not done in 3 years.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

Right. But I knew Coach Jenny would come up with something. 

Yeah well just be sure not to hammer them this time. 

onemile

something short and quick for sharpness.

be sure not to hammer them this time. 

And remember to give me a mention when you run sub-20 Smile

LRB

lol

Ha. Well of course that has to be my goal at this point. But we'll see. Conditions were pretty much ideal for my last one - perfect weather & course. This race I ran last year (my first sub-21 actually); it has some hills and some sharp turns iirc. Weather looks OK.

Dave

workinprogress11

I didn't get a chance to say congrats to the racers yesterday. PRs and great work all around. Baboon, I'm so impressed with your half ironman debut. You killed it.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Late to the party, but it's been a busy day. I got in 3.3 miles this morning with Dorian and  Jetta.

Then took my niece who is staying the night with us on the trails with me and dogs, she rode her bike while we ran. We did 5.4 miles, she did pretty good for not being a very active kid.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)