Beginners and Beyond

I don't think there's a "Go to Last Unread Post" button, right? (Read 169 times)

I know you can click on the "last posted" link in the right hand side of the forum topic, which takes you to the last post of the thread, but there's no built-in capability to go to the last unread post read, is there?  

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

LRB

Negative.  There is also no way to get to the last post on the new version of the BF once you have read all of the posts, but there was on the "old" one.

Hmm, the "Unread Posts" button on the upgraded version of RWOL worked just fine for me. 

runfoolery

The Unread Posts button seemed to work for me half the time, then sometimes it would just go to the thread list, and sometimes to the first page of the thread, even though I'd read most of the thread. It was haphazard at best.

Here I think it's just the last post option. Sad to say, I read posts often enough that's usually equivalent to last read....

LRB

Hmm, the "Unread Posts" button on the upgraded version of RWOL worked just fine for me. 

Yes, but once you read all of the posts in a thread, there was no way to get to the last post of said thread  from the main page.

Docket_Rocket

At least it also highlights the last page you read so you know where to go to next.  It shows the ones I have read in purple instead of blue.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

an amazing likeness

.. there was no way to get to the last post of said thread  from the main page.

There is. The last post is shown in the right column (titled "Last Post") and there is a link to that last post above the user name.

MTA:  Also, don't overlook the "Follow" feature which allows you to build a custom list of specific message threads you want to directly access, regardless of how buried they may be.  Follow is part the 'subscribe/follow' logic in each message thread, and the custom list is under your Forum menu, upper left.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Milktruck, yes, that indeed takes you to the last post in the thread.  I was hoping there was a way to go to the last unread post. 

LRB

I was speaking of RW.  This site does not have a last unread post feature. 

There is. The last post is shown in the right column (titled "Last Post") and there is a link to that last post above the user name.