Beginners and Beyond

Mickey Mouse Wednesday Penguins (Read 19 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

HsM, you are faculty?  Or STAFF?  At our university I am STAFF.  Faculty here is all the professors who teach and do research.  Only they get to be called 'faculty'.  The rest of us are designated as 'staff'.   Even the lab researchers, if they are not TEACHING as well as researching, are designated as 'staff.'   And, anyway, you are probably one of the GOOD faculty.    Have fun with your singing tonite.

Faculty -- I'm an assistant professor, though the more prestigious title is "Director of the Chemical and Proteomic Mass Spectrometry Core Facility".  Even though I don't teach, I'm considered faculty.

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

3 slow miles. Delayed for a while until the police allowed us to leave the house.      It was too nice of a day for heavy legs, at least we got out.

Think I need a mental push from Ginny.

Oh, My boss is such an idiot.  She's planning my exit today in a meeting thinking I'm leaving end of the year when I clearly told her end of next year.  Told her it must be wishful thinking on her part.  At least it shortened our meeting.  I was wondering why she scheduled a meeting in Outlook and didn't put a purpose.

GinnyinPA

Jerry - Police?  Why were the police at your house?

Docket_Rocket

What Ginny said!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Ginny, this is a Wunda chair and this is something I have done during Pilates.  It's hard!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rW1eHlrfNQ

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Jerry - Police?  Why were the police at your house?

Neighbor girl thought therre was an intruder in her house, so the police were there with guns drawn. Scared the shit out of my wife who was just sitting on the deck and sees the cop with a rifle hiding behind the garage.   Fortunately it was a false alarm.  Then we had to explain it to all the passersby before our run.

on my way to badass

YIKES! Jerry. I just finished 5 at 11:46. Fast for this penguin.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

Docket_Rocket

Neighbor girl thought therre was an intruder in her house, so the police were there with guns drawn. Scared the shit out of my wife who was just sitting on the deck and sees the cop with a rifle hiding behind the garage.   Fortunately it was a false alarm.  Then we had to explain it to all the passersby before our run.

Wow.  I'm surprised that SWAT didn't come at the pace they were going.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Bin Running

Ginny, it's a local Marathon.. I did the same race for my maiden FM last year.

Scotty, I am trying to follow a 14 weeks plan based very loosely on pfitz..

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Brilliant

Oral antibiotics and eye drops and eye cream, and $133, and the pooch already looks better. Smile

Jerry - wow - excitement in your neighborhood!

Docket_Rocket

Oral antibiotics and eye drops and eye cream, and $133, and the pooch already looks better. Smile

Yay.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Yay for Pooch !!!

Good luck with your training, Bin.

Bin Running

Brilliant, good news..

Jerry, thanks!

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar