Beginners and Beyond

Today is the ThursDAILIES (Read 48 times)

Why don't you wear them for workouts?

What shoe did you wear for your marathon?

I used to wear them for workouts, but I sort of phased that out in the latter part of this cycle. If they do make your workouts faster, does that actually give you training benefit, or just give you better splits? Anyway in some cases I was traveling and didn't want to bring multiple shoes. In other cases I had something like tempo intervals in a 12-14 mile total run, and thought I'd rather have the extra cushioning. In general I just figured I'd save them for races. Although, really it looks like I should be wearing these & saving the Ghosts.

I did wear them for the marathon.

Dave

LRB

Wait, what? When were they on sale??

I thought they were when you bought them, I guess not then.

I still have a pair of DST 18s, DS 10s, and PC 4s in the box, not to mention a pair of each in rotation.

No. They were/are a relatively new model, no idea if/when they're coming out with an update. Or, how well they're selling. I've rarely seen other people wearing them at races.

Dave

Cyberic

I still have a pair of DST 18s, DS 10s, and PC 4s in the box, not to mention a pair of each in rotation.

I'm trying to kick that habit. I only have one pair in a box right now, and am really trying not to buy anything new until I'm down to maybe 3 usable pairs. I have 5 pairs right now in my rotation, plus the pair in the box, plus 2 pairs dedicated to winter (screws). But these last two don't count.

Just 2 in the rotation, a box of each waiting in the wings, plus the racers.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

Did a cross training type DVD.

I have 5 pairs of shoes that I wear. Plus 1 pair in the box. For the Baltimore half, one of DH's friends spent the night and decided to sleep in our gym/guest room where I keep my shoes. DH asked if I need anything from there, I described the shoes I wanted. He came back with 3 pairs. 

Freesoul, Jetta is cute. Were you under a tornado warning?

Docket_Rocket

Ran 5 with hubby, OUTSIDE.  Too bad we'll be back to Miami weather tomorrow.  It was nice while it lasted.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Ran 5 with hubby, OUTSIDE.  Too bad we'll be back to Miami weather tomorrow.  It was nice while it lasted.

Noticed you're not giving your shoe count. You'd need some advanced calculus to come up with that number.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Noticed you're not giving your shoe count. You'd need some advanced calculus to come up with that number.

Amount of shoes?  I don't know.  I might be below 50 since I retired a shit ton, but I doubt it.

Now if you ask about INKnBURN pieces, I might need a spreadsheet.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I was having an entire conversation with Bruno tonight and he was just tilting his head back and forth and listening so intently!

Jetta does not just sit, she is too spastic and excited about everything... Sometimes it's funny, sometimes I wish she'd mature.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)