Beginners and Beyond

December Goals (Read 69 times)

happylily

Initially, I had hopes of going sub-3:30 in my second marathon of the season. I ran a decent 10 miler 3-4 weeks ago which points to sub-3:30, and an 18 mile LR all at sub-3:30 pace. I also managed all of my equivalent intervals. I averaged nearly 60 mpw in the last 18 weeks, after not running at all for 2 months. So, in theory, I should have this. But it looks like the temperature the morning of the race will be 86F with a feel like of 108F. I've run in hot before, but never like this. Not sure how it will turn out at this point. I think I'm just going to treat this race as a vacation adventure, not really a goal race. Not sure why I was thinking goal race when I registered for it, actually. I guess it was out of desperation because I felt I was not ready for Chicago...

After this, I give myself 3 weeks of recovery before I start winter training.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Sub-22 at my 5k on Dec 31st.  That's about it.

I think that'll be my goal for my next 5k, which will likely not be until March. Hopefully I have that time in the bag by then.

My goals for December:

1. Try to get in a 6th run every week.

2. Stay healthy.

3. Keep working on speed through the off-season.

- Andrew

Yugo18

1)  220 miles

2) no workouts but run really easy and for fun

3) be better about core work/ push-ups

LRB

If I can somehow find myself in a starting corral this month, I would be happier than a hobo with a fried baloney & cheese sandwich.

Hip Redux

Initially, I had hopes of going sub-3:30 in my second marathon of the season. I ran a decent 10 miler 3-4 weeks ago which points to sub-3:30, and an 18 mile LR all at sub-3:30 pace. I also managed all of my equivalent intervals. I averaged nearly 60 mpw in the last 18 weeks, after not running at all for 2 months. So, in theory, I should have this. But it looks like the temperature the morning of the race will be 86F with a feel like of 108F. I've run in hot before, but never like this. Not sure how it will turn out at this point. I think I'm just going to treat this race as a vacation adventure, not really a goal race. Not sure why I was thinking goal race when I registered for it, actually. I guess it was out of desperation because I felt I was not ready for Chicago...

After this, I give myself 3 weeks of recovery before I start winter training.

Where the hell is that!  You racing in Miami?

LRB

Where the hell is that!  You racing in Miami?

The equator.

happylily

Not Miami. Negril.  Big grin

• Daily forecast (repeat 7 times and that's my vacation!)

Sun Dec 8

Sunny

86°F

Feels like 108

Low 77°F

• P.O.P 0%
                • Wind E 16 mph
                • Hours of Sunshine 10

happylily

Just wanted to say that I survived the 108F temperature, with 87% humidity (that's for Damaris :-)). Got my 4th worst finish time and won $100 by placing in the old folks group (Masters, here, are 35 and up. What the hell? Give me a decent chance!).  I finished slightly high from the ganja fumes and about 8lbs lighter due to dehydration. But now I'm lovin' Negril. Ya mon!

Just wanted to say that I survived the 108F temperature, with 87% humidity (that's for Damaris :-)). Got my 4th worst finish time and won $100 by placing in the old folks group (Masters, here, are 35 and up. What the hell? Give me a decent chance!).  I finished slightly high from the ganja fumes and about 8lbs lighter due to dehydration. But now I'm lovin' Negril. Ya mon!

Can that possibly be correct - 108F with 87% humidity? How you not dead? And for you, losing 8 lb is like losing a full leg!

In any case, sounds like a success to me! Congratulations & enjoy the rest of the vacation!

Dave

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Julie that is insane and where is your RR? Am I not seeing it?

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

But now I'm lovin' Negril. Ya mon!

Careful, those are not microphones the native men walking on the beach are swinging.  ;-)

hog4life

Survive my first, and maybe my only marathon!