Beginners and Beyond

Tuesday Penguins, at least it ain't Monday! (Read 7 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."  And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

Stayed home nursing a migraine yesterday.  I really didn't want to drive like that (or get out of bed like that), but an Excedrin cleared things up from painful to nagging.  I have sick days, so I used one.  Today is definitely better!

So, Penguins, how are things?

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Zelanie

Glad you're feeling better, Ham! I am nursing a sore muscle in hopes to get it ready for my marathon. Taking a half day off this afternoon for a sports massage.

Singer who runs a smidge

Mmmm, massage!!  Spare a passing thought for me as you're getting all relaxed!  I'd love a massage, but still haven't found a good place to go around here.

Docket_Rocket

Sigh, afternoon!  Ran 7 last night and I have 7 with 2 at MP tonight.  Been busy and have court every day this week. How dare they!

HopesMom, hope your migraine is better!

Z, I am sore all over. Does that count?  Hoping we get there in one piece.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Hi Pens. I've just been chilling. The ankle that I sprained a couple of years ago has been acting up (I think it is all of the pregnancy hormones + increased weight) so I broke out my little lightweight brace that I used to wear while running. The good news is that I found it pretty easily, the even better news is that it still fits and doesn't smell too bad ;-)

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Zelanie

Hi Jill!  The smell is especially important during pregnancy!  Was thinking about you the other day when we had Dominion night over here.

GinnyinPA

HopesMom - I hope your head is feeling better.

Jill - sorry about the sore ankle.  I hope the brace helps keep it from getting worse.

Z - I missed hearing about your injury.  Did you do something obvious, or is your pain just a nagging one?  I hope the massage helps.

D - I hope your 7 went well this evening.  Good luck in court tomorrow.

AFM:  I ran a nice 6.3 miles around the park this afternoon. It has been cool and cloudy for the past few days, so perfect for the park, which we avoid when it gets hot because it has no shade. The neighborhood beyond isn't much better in that respect.  It was a good run except that one farmer had sprayed his field very recently so the smell of liquid pig poop was overwhelming.  I came very close to barfing in his soybeans.

Zelanie

HopesMom - I hope your head is feeling better.

Jill - sorry about the sore ankle.  I hope the brace helps keep it from getting worse.

Z - I missed hearing about your injury.  Did you do something obvious, or is your pain just a nagging one?  I hope the massage helps.

D - I hope your 7 went well this evening.  Good luck in court tomorrow.

AFM:  I ran a nice 6.3 miles around the park this afternoon. It has been cool and cloudy for the past few days, so perfect for the park, which we avoid when it gets hot because it has no shade. The neighborhood beyond isn't much better in that respect.  It was a good run except that one farmer had sprayed his field very recently so the smell of liquid pig poop was overwhelming.  I came very close to barfing in his soybeans.

Ginny- Eww!  I can relate because some of our runs are by the OSU cow barns. 

On my last LR, which was a very hilly trail 16 miler, I had a groin muscle get angry enough that I walked the last few miles back to my car.  Since then I've had one good run and several crummy ones, and spent a couple days limping around.  The muscle seems better, but now my hip hurts.  Not sure what the deal is, so I'm mostly counting on my body's ability to heal.