Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES: Now Playing At A Theater Near You (Read 56 times)

Good morning, dailies!  I usually take Fridays off but I only ran 3 recovery miles yesterday, and my legs are telling me to take advantage of the nice weather.  I will probably get out for an easy 5 or 6 today.

April, I'm sorry for your loss.

PRs:

5k: 25:05 (Sep 2011)     10k: 51:57 (Aug 2012)     half: 1:56:46 (May 2013)     full: 4:09:46 (Jan 2016)

delicate flower

Morning guys.

5 done pre-dawn. I ran them with a heavy heart because right before I went out I checked my phone. My mom had texted me at 3am (11pm her time - she lives in Alaska) saying that my aunt (her sister) passed away unexpectedly. She didn't call because it was so late, and I wouldn't have heard my phone anyway since I keep it downstairs in the living room. I haven't seen my aunt in 15 years but I'm devastated for my mom, my uncles, and my cousins.

Very sorry to hear this, April.  Sad

Well my knee appointment went well this morning.  The dressing came off permanently and I am officially started on my rehab.  PT Boy had me doing some mighty painful stretches.  I can take the brace off when I am lying in front of the TV.  I started to get lightheaded and nauseous on the drive home and DW had to pull over so I could puke.  I don't know what was up with that.  I'm feeling better now though.  Meh...I'm a freakin trainwreck.

<3

tinman11

19 miles.

46 degrees, dark, foggy for the first 2 hours.

46 degrees and rain for the last hour.

Hot coffee was especially good when I got home.

StepbyStep-SH

Very sorry to hear this, April.  Sad

Well my knee appointment went well this morning.  The dressing came off permanently and I am officially started on my rehab.  PT Boy had me doing some mighty painful stretches.  I can take the brace off when I am lying in front of the TV.  I started to get lightheaded and nauseous on the drive home and DW had to pull over so I could puke.  I don't know what was up with that.  I'm feeling better now though.  Meh...I'm a freakin trainwreck.

Delayed reaction to the pain? Glad it was mostly a good appointment - now stay inside and off the snow!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

LRB

Let me guess, you've been ordered to get right back on the elliptical?

YAYpril - B-Plus

Thanks, guys. All of you. I appreciate it. It just sucks being so far away from my family during a time like this. My parents are in Alaska and my mom's family is in the Seattle area. I just want to give them all hugs. I did order flowers from a florist in Fairbanks so my mom will get them today.

The 5k I was supposed to run tomorrow was postponed due to the weather. Boo. No new date as of yet.

scottydawg, good luck racing this weekend!

paulajmcd, have a great five-miler.

Baboon, feel well soon.

tinman11, bravo doing nineteen miles.

AprilRunner, boo, indeed. I know that you were looking forward to it.

Ab work, breakfast, and a long shower are done. I took extra time to smooth my feet and hands, which are as smooth as a baby's tuchus right nowSmile

LRB

Ab work, breakfast, and a long shower are done. I took extra time to smooth my feet and hands, which are as smooth as a baby's tuchus right nowSmile

We say that here!

LRB

Good morning, dailies!  I usually take Fridays off but I only ran 3 recovery miles yesterday, and my legs are telling me to take advantage of the nice weather.  I will probably get out for an easy 5 or 6 today.

How in the heck did you miss all of this crap, you must be west of it.  My weekend is totally up in the air as of right now running wise.

delicate flower

Delayed reaction to the pain? Glad it was mostly a good appointment - now stay inside and off the snow!

That's my best guess.  I feel fine now.

Let me guess, you've been ordered to get right back on the elliptical?

Heh...I wish.  I did ask if I could run today.  Big grin

<3

alexis_run_nky

Good afternoon DAILIES!

So I was planning on riding the bike today but I feel awful (cough, sinus pressure, running nose, sneezing--all the good stuff)

If I feel better tomorrow I will do the bike.  I am able to do the elliptical too starting tomorrow!

Hope everyone has a good run today!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Sorry to hear that April, Sad

No snow here, yesterday was gorgeous with 68 degrees so little boy and I went for a walk that was going to be 3 miles but ended up with 4.2 miles instead. It was a work out indeed, my arms were tired and the uphill pushing of the stroller. Today is going to be a rest, ice and stretch day. Tomorrow is a race!!!!!

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

@runjerseygirl

3 pain free miles on the TM in 31:45.  I feel great!  I was nervous about this run, because the TM has been my nemesis for the last month.  But I felt really good, and had no pain at all.  I'm going to stretch at my desk, and roll this evening, just to be safe. Smile

Do you even run?

Robert31320

Team TJ

Sorry for the loss of your aunt, April.

Running for TJ because he can't.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

7.22 recovery miles at lunch, a full 1:30m/m slower than my easy pace. Hopefully tomorrow the legs will show me their appreciation for the slow run.

Kay...nice work beating that t-mill.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn