Beginners and Beyond

Penguin's SUNDAILEY (Read 29 times)

Bin Running

Stonefence, 15pound is something.. way to good.. hope it's just a one-off.. else, new vest?

Jack, congrats on last 20M.. I didn't managed to hit any 20M in this cycle.. I am weak.. haa... 4.40 wakeup is something..

Mel, next time just ask for RW vounchers.. haa

Mitch, said it again.. so envy of you having been able to spend a week at the cabin.. We don't have cabin here... if it's not too intrusive.. could you tell the cost of the rent for a week?

Redrum, sound like a good day.. dun hurt that foot that's not hurt..

Cherie, technically in taper now.. I am trying on a 2.5weeks taper rather than 3 weeks as I have a few easier weeks.. Will there be a RR?

In office for 5am shift.. boring..

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

SheCan

Cherie, technically in taper now.. I am trying on a 2.5weeks taper rather than 3 weeks as I have a few easier weeks.. Will there be a RR?

In office for 5am shift.. boring..

A 2-1/2 week taper should be good.  I think that's just about the amount of taper time my body responds really well to.  No RR on the half, it was mostly just a training run, and a way for me to support a community race.  Hope your shift goes by quickly!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Philliefan33

Scary weather in the midwest!  I hope Jerry and Awood are OK.  Are there any other Penguins in the line of fire?

Zelanie

Awood appears to be all up in arms that the storm is no big deal and we should all get over it. Joking

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Forgot to check in this weekend....my grandma is staying at my parent's house for the week (she lives in Georgia), and yesterday was her birthday, so I spent the weekend doing family stuff. Ended up not running Saturday....long story.... but FINALLY got a run in today! First since my 10K a week ago. 6.5 miles. Wanted a little more but didn't want to push it after a full week off..... my shin is still being fussy.....it has been three weeks that it has been bugging me, and have ran very low mileage in these weeks....any tips? Obviously rest isn't fixing it....any good stretches? I feel like it needs to stretch, it feels really tight, but other than just pointing my toe I can't really figure out how to stretch my shin.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Docket_Rocket

Kristin, shin splints can last up to 3 to 6 months even with rest, so the rest you already took might not be enough.  Make sure you ice and maybe use some compression sleeves while working or at the house (under pants).  Good luck.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Kristin, shin splints can last up to 3 to 6 months even with rest, so the rest you already took might not be enough.  Make sure you ice and maybe use some compression sleeves while working or at the house (under pants).  Good luck.

DAMMIT! Thanks.....have lots of sleeves so I can wear them to work. Just got a new brand (I had 4 pairs of Zensah, I just got CW-X) and I like that support better so I will wear those more.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

hog4life

Cherie, thank you for the shout outs!

red, she is right, kinda, I do feel that I am in good shape, but I also pushed by stupidness. 10 milers are rather common for me and becoming the norm.

Bin, I don't mind. Most of the cabins and chalets vary in price depending on locacation, views, size, and amenities. This one we stayed in was $440 American dollars for 3 nights. There are also the seasonal rates, which ar higher on the holidays. You probably seen some of the pics on FB.

I got a new tattoo tonight, didn't plan on this, but the price was right, so I couldn't pass the opportunity. It's on FB, I'll get it posted here in the next day or two.