Beginners and Beyond

Calm & Quiet SunDAILIES (Read 32 times)

Docket_Rocket

Now I want biscuits, a salad with croutons, and what else?

4 miles done.  I was tired and spent most of the afternoon drying the hardwood floors that were flooded.  It will take my legs some time to adjust to these routes.  Normally 20 miles would have 4ft elevation in Miami and here 4 miles have109ft.  The temps were really nice!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Cyberic

I don't think it's cool at all that I dropped a car on myself 

I thought someone was teaching you how to change tires when it happened, and not because you had a flat.

I've never had a flat tire while on the road that required me to change it like right there.

I'm with you, blue, not cool that the car rolled on your arm.

Cyberic

Generally speaking, jack stands are not typical for changing tires unless it's at home in the driveway and you're rotating the tires or something.

Yup. I don't have a driveway in Montreal, but I still have a hydraulic jack and jack stands for rotating my tires.

LRB

Yup. I don't have a driveway in Montreal, but I still have a hydraulic jack and jack stands for rotating my tires.

The hydraulic jack serves as my jack stand. 

bluerun

Super B****

Biscuits. Like 4 ingredients. Pretty simple like I remembered just overcooked I think. 🤔

No, I know what you made. I'm giving you ideas for what to do with them if you don't want to break your teeth eating them as is!

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

bluerun

Super B****

I thought someone was teaching you how to change tires when it happened, and not because you had a flat.

I've never had a flat tire while on the road that required me to change it like right there.

I'm with you, blue, not cool that the car rolled on your arm.

He was teaching me, because I wasn't amused that I had to wait an hour last week when I DID have a flat for AAA to come change the tire for me since my dad couldn't be bothered to teach me how when I asked. YEARS ago.

I'm pretty sure LRB meant it was cool that I finally did learn, not that the car attacked me. I'm just messing with him. (Also: it's good that I'm right-handed, and that the car didn't land a couple of inches closer to my wrist, because MY POOR GARMIN.)

chasing the impossible

Docket_Rocket

If the car had attacked you, I bet you it's name was Christine...

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

bluerun

Super B****

If the car had attacked you, I bet you it's name was Christine...

My car's name is Sylvia!

chasing the impossible

LRB

No, I know what you made. I'm giving you ideas for what to do with them if you don't want to break your teeth eating them as is!

Ah!

lol

Half Crazy K 2.0

I paid $2.19 for gas thanks to 40 cents off from rewards points.

Bluerun, yikes, glad you're ok.

From the Internet.

God dammit.

63.2 for the week. Right in the middle! Big grin

16 miles today, which I woke up at the ass-crack of dawn to do before a PACKED day of soccer games and cleaning house and guests over for board games. The run was decent - chilly and started off with super sluggish legs, felt good by the end. 8:05 avg. Now I am wiiiiiped. Time for sleep!