Beginners and Beyond

NRR. What are you addicted too besides running? (Read 484 times)

Just B.S.

Ladies, thank you for the comments! And Beth, yes, we are still owners of all of them. They are our pension fund, since we won't get any pension with our present jobs. :-( You can PM me, or write at the email on the website, if you have any questions about a house in particular. 

BTW, add me to the list of crazies with a dislike for phones. Big grin Having an SO who doesn't mind calling stores to order stuff like ladies shoes and running bras is very practical. Big grin

We promised our son when he comes home from Ottawa next summer we are going to PEI.

A Mom has to keep her promise! We will be in touch!Smile

racecat

Goddess of the Cuisine

Yoga, knitting, cooking, baking, but they're not so much addictions as pleasant ways to pass the time when I'm feeling so inclined. I recently found out I might be able to play tennis this winter, and that makes me happy. (But there's that whole driving there and driving back...)

In transit, arriving on time. 

Breathing.  Everything else comes and goes.

If i'm home, I'm sitting on the couch with the pooch, and probably watching Pawn Stars..DW says I watch way too much of that show.

Butter Tart

• Reading
            • Cooking and baking

I suffered borderline OCD on everything from remote control alignment on the coffee table to spacing my hangers in my closet equally.  Then I got married to someone opposite of me and had kids and all hell broke loose.  Now I live life in 10 minute intervals until I can get through the day.  FACT: I have no idea where the t.v. remote is at the current moment or if we still have one.

I do keep a loosely organized budget and still neat in a very general sort of way, but I don't want my kids to grow up rememer Daddy as this obsessive, compulsive train wreck, w/ an off the scale anal pucker factor.  Things get done, just not on a strict time schedule.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Coffee!!!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Sharz96

My other addiction is reading. Years ago, if I went more than about two weeks without reading a book, I'd go nuts.  Grab three or four books on the way home Friday evening, read for about 15 hours until about 9/ 10AM the next morning when my eyes were too gritty and refused to focus, and I got a headache.   Then I’d eat, sleep maybe 4/5 hours, and then read for another 12, 15, hours, whatever.   This was not unusual in college, law school, and the first year or so that I practiced.

I now read 2-3 hours a day on my daily commute, so I never get to that level of deprivation and it’s really rare that I read all night now.  Of course, I’m not as young as I was back then, either, and I couldn’t overdose at that level any more.  Eyes go and headache comes at about 9 hours of reading.  And hubby would get to feeling so deserted if I hibernated for a full weekend.

Mostly harmless

I'm addicted to whatever I'm into at the time. I'm an "all in" kind of guy. Right now it's running. For a while it was cycling.  When I decided I wanted to learn how to play the guitar, I became obsessed with it for months.  I still suck at that by the way, but I'm educated on playing enough to know exactly how much I suck.

I hope I never develop an interest in competitive eating.

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

bobruns

< ---- Them

cmb4314

I'm addicted to whatever I'm into at the time. I'm an "all in" kind of guy. Right now it's running. For a while it was cycling.  When I decided I wanted to learn how to play the guitar, I became obsessed with it for months.  I still suck at that by the way, but I'm educated on playing enough to know exactly how much I suck.

I hope I never develop an interest in competitive eating.

LOL!

I'm like this too.  I go "all in" to things, but I at least am pretty good about not changing my "thing" too often so it's not too bad on the budget.

For a long time, it was (embarrassingly) World of Warcraft.  That game is designed to be addictive, and it sucked me in big time.  I was never one of the crazy people for whom it became their life, but I have a frightening number of hours invested in a digital character.

Then, I started running.  When I had no job, it was still both of them.  Then I got a job and started training for a marathon, and Warcraft fell by the wayside.

Lately, I've been supplementing my running with reading a whole lot about food/recipes.  In an ideal world, I'd have more time to actually make more of said recipes, but by the time I work and run, I rarely have the energy to cook something really nice.  I'm a total foodie and wine nerd though.  Valuing running over cooking has proven to be good for my waistline, too Smile

My wildly inconsistent PRs:

5k: 24:36 (10/20/12)  

10k: 52:01 (4/28/12)  

HM: 1:50:09 (10/27/12)

Marathon: 4:19:11 (10/2/2011) 

Mostly harmless

LOL!

I'm like this too.  I go "all in" to things, but I at least am pretty good about not changing my "thing" too often so it's not too bad on the budget.

For a long time, it was (embarrassingly) World of Warcraft.  That game is designed to be addictive, and it sucked me in big time.  I was never one of the crazy people for whom it became their life, but I have a frightening number of hours invested in a digital character.

I'm the same way with video games.  We bought an X-Box for my son and I refuse to play any games on it.  I know if I do I'll start staying up all night gaming. Ugh.

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

extra 'o's. Especially in thread titles.

I was thinking this at first.

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas