Beginners and Beyond

Juicy Banana FriDAILIES (Read 29 times)

onemile

And that was my point. Hopefully you guys race because you like it. And that is a great reason to do so. Because we do not improve much in a year.

I enjoy the competitive part of it

onemile

I ran 5.

delicate flower

<3

LRB

You guys might be able to talk me into a racing shoe, but shorter shorts - forget about it. No one wants to see that. Sticking with the 9-inchers.

lol

I experimented with 3" seams until I saw myself in a race pic and that was the end of that! 5" works for loose fitting shorts and I have compression shorts in 7" but running in anything longer especially during the warm months is something Ieft years ago. Iit had nothing to do with race times, I'm just not that good to be worried with that.

Half Crazy K 2.0

7 at faster than easy pace & lower body weights. There was a 5 minute snow squall at the beginning of my run, snow blowing horizontally, all that fun stuff. It ended pretty quick & then the sun came out.

Cyberic

You guys might be able to talk me into a racing shoe, but shorter shorts - forget about it. No one wants to see that. Sticking with the 9-inchers.

So am I. In short shorts I'd look like that guy. I have nothing against anybody doing it, but I personnally prefer hiding the sticks with longer shorts.

LRB

So am I. In short shorts I'd look like that guy. I have nothing against anybody doing it, but I personnally prefer hiding the sticks with longer shorts.

When I began running, all of the shorts I had were at the knee or below it. The thought of wearing anything higher than that was met with so much laughter, that it physically hurt my stomach. I've always been willing to try things though, and somewhere along the line found a happy medium. So I get it, you're preaching to the choir.

LRB

I experimented with 3" seams until I saw myself in a race pic and that was the end of that!

They're actually the shorts in my avatar.

For 5k/10k, I like the fact that I usually have a shot at AG placing. Even tomorrow, when I'm going to suck, there's a chance depending on who shows up that day.

Dave

LRB

Yeah I couldn't imagine not racing. I mean, if I never ran another PR I would still race, I love it. I know runners though who have run for years and never raced, and like I tell them; that is perfectly fine.

onemile

They're actually the shorts in my avatar.

I fail to see the problem

Docket_Rocket

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Leg is tired but 7 miles done.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

<3