Beginners and Beyond

Very funny...is this a real thing? (Read 201 times)

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

This article made me laugh uncontrollably.

https://medium.com/having-it-some/66b45bb2f2ca

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Love the Half

"I hate “fun runs” because, seriously, fuck you."  Big grin  Big grin  Big grin

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Yeah, she really doesn't hold back.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

Sloooow.

That cracked me up, thanks for sharing!

"If it means totally overhauling my diet to include nothing but high-fat foods and refined carbohydrates so that I can form some sort of intestinal blockage, I am willing to take that risk to be able to jog my way to optimal health."

Haha.

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

Wow, that's a little over the top but funny.  I never had to deal with "trots".  I guess I'm lucky.  Sometimes I pee, then go running and halfway thru the run feel like I've got to pee again but it usually goes away.  I drink all day so there's almost never a time I have an empty bladder.  But trots......thank God, not a problem for me.

i think marathoners have it worse being on the road for multiple hours in a row but even then I think it's rarer than most think.  It just gets the height of attention once it IS someone's problem.

I can honestly say I don't think I'd heard gingerbread man before but I'd call it a good description from the infamous pics posted of the soiled legged runners we've seen in the past here and the BF.

Joking

Randy

Rubybaby43

enabler

Haha...yeah, that was pretty funny! Smile

KLO

more miles = more beer

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

The picture at the top is my jogging path I run on, and this woman lives in my neighborhood. I will keep an eye out for the woman in the tracksuit looking like she needs to poop, lol. Wondering if she goes to my gym.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Will run for scenery.

Humblebragging : yes, a real thing.  BTDT.

DayDrinking : yes, a real thing. BTDT.

Gingerbread Man : O.    M.    G.   I've been close, but I hope I never GTGF.

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Dunno if it is real, but it's a very entertaining article.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Made me laugh!

Marjorie

Well if you are talking about the trots, and have to ask if it's a real thing, I guess you are lucky. I think maybe one of the great unspoken running issues (although spoken about plenty of times on these forums). No idea how prevalent it is but seems not too unsual based on various threads I have seen in the past. Redrum: I don't think it has anything to do with marathoning. For me, if it is going to hit me, it is in the first 1-2 miles. Once I have passed 3 or so, the urge has either been relieved or it goes away. I generally try to go before I go out, which usually works out OK. But for morning runs when I go out first thing (which often works the best for me schedule-wise), it doesn't seem to matter. I have a love/hate relationship with early morning runs.

Dave

Tar Heel Mom

kween

Sometimes we call it the poomonster.

Nolite te bastardes carborundum.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

I always have coffee and a poo before I run. I guess that's what's kept this a secret from me.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Peeing is my bigger issue. I have the world's smallest, most active bladder and for some reason running always makes me feel like I have to pee, no matter how many times I go first. I've felt my tummy rumble while running and feared the poo monster, but luckily the feeling has passed quickly. Knock wood....lol

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

I wouldn't have guessed that this is a secret. This is probably the most common question I get asked about from non-runners (friends not coworkers). People don't care about what happens for most races, but if someone shits themselves all of the sudden people are paying attention. (people I know anyways)

**Ask me about streaking**