Beginners and Beyond

Sunny Sundailies (Read 45 times)

outoftheblue

Great racing today Dave, Half Crazy and Damaris!  You too, Zel, even't if it wasn't a true "race," it was a very nice effort.   I hope I gets to see some RRs!

6.3 easy miles for me, now I'm just hanging out watching golf with DH.

Life is good.

GinnyinPA

Dave - sounds like that race director is trying to compete with the Barkley or David Horton's races.  Good job on placing 3rd on such a hilly course.  I guess I can't complain about my hills now.

Beautiful sunny 63 degree day here.  My 12 miles felt easy, even the hills.  Only 2 weeks to the North South Marathon in Gettysburg.  I'm getting excited.

Docket_Rocket

Great job, guys.

We ended up our last night here with a nice dinner cruise.  Now off to bed. That first half towards the sun gave me a big headache.

lily, hope you feel better.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Half Crazy K 2.0

Docket Rocket, impressive race considering what you had to deal with during it.

LRB, maybe this will give you some hope...a few years ago, a co-worker told EVERYONE who she came in contact with (and my office was next to hers, so I heard this story many times) about how her daughter had to go for additional screening after a mammogram (x-ray). The issue would up being a mole. So hopefully the x-ray just picked up on a skin issue.

We would up turning on the AC in the car on the drive home. It was only supposed to be 60 today. It's much warmer. My Garmin said it was 40 at race time, my mid-race clothing adjustments say otherwise.

Congrats D2, HCK & Z!

Dave

Hip Redux

Ran a 4-miler race today, progression run - 10:30, 10:27, 10:05, 10:02, final kick of 8:10 (0.1).    This was not on purpose, it was uphill for two miles and downhill for two lol

I got really, really warm.  Like my body had no idea what to do with things like sun and degrees over 32.

Mr. O ran a strong 10 miles on the half marathon and then got a hamstring cramp and walked in the last 3 miles.  He's limping pretty good.  Hoping for nothing serious.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Happy Birthday to your Little Angel!  Here you go...

http://www.bluemountain.com/ecards/birthday/magical-fairy-birthday/card-3283501

awww thanks Scotty for the ecard. And thank you to everybody else, it is crazy that 3 years has gone so fast. He is growing up too quickly, right before my eyes.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

onemile

I ran 14 with 2x4 miles at MP. I probably ran the MP miles a little too fast. The first 3 were into the wind and then with the wind at my back for the rest of them, I got a little carried away.

Docket_Rocket

Ran a 4-miler race today, progression run - 10:30, 10:27, 10:05, 10:02, final kick of 8:10 (0.1).    This was not on purpose, it was uphill for two miles and downhill for two lol

I got really, really warm.  Like my body had no idea what to do with things like sun and degrees over 32.

Mr. O ran a strong 10 miles on the half marathon and then got a hamstring cramp and walked in the last 3 miles.  He's limping pretty good.  Hoping for nothing serious.

Ouch. Hope it's nothing major.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page