Beginners and Beyond

TUESDAILIES: Business in the Front, Party in the Back (Read 208 times)

Cool WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREADCool 

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners (from injury, to running, to RA). We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay awhile (not literally!) And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours around here.

I'm on my way to the gym to do weighs an cardio.

Gah. I really want to return to bed. I didn't sleep at all last night. I was wired. My legs were/are restless, even though they're still a little sore from Sunday.

G-d have mercy on anyone (other than my kids) who annoys me.

@runjerseygirl

Pilates class today.  I really need the workout.  Haven't done anything since the spin class disaster on Thursday.

Do you even run?

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Good Morning Dailies!

Did upper body at the gym yesterday - I tired to squeeze one more rep out on the chest machine and I got an intense headache. I shook it off but had a headache the rest of the night. I didn't feel anything pop and I am still here this morning. I feel about 98% better. I plan on doing Vo2max intervals on the bike trainer - if I'm not neurologically damaged.

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Good Morning, Basya, Kay, & Gustav! Morning, Dailies!

My primary goal today is to NOT bother Basya!

Looks like a lot of gym workouts today - hope they all go well.

Not sure what kind of run I'll be doing today yet. It's still raining - more than 3.5 inches so far over about 40 hours, although the radar indicates that it might start breaking up this morning. I can run in the cold or I can run in the rain, but I don't want to run in the cold rain. So, I may be heading downstairs to the treadmill again today.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

flarunner

Mornin' Kids!

5 mile progression run this morning.

Have a great day everyone!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  SRD # 2 with weights and kickboxing tonight.  Off to Court!

Basya, enjoy your weights and cardio.  Hope they help with your annoyance.

Kay, enjoy Pilates.

Gustav, nice workout.  How's your foot?

Tom, hope you get your run in.

flarunner, hope your progression run goes well.  Did you see the forecast?  NO COLD FRONT IN SIGHT!  Ours is stuck at 82F forever!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Morning!

Have good runs and workouts!

Total rest day 3. Itching for a workout, but I don't wanna push it.

have a good day. Basya hope you can remain calm.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Did you see the forecast?  NO COLD FRONT IN SIGHT!  Ours is stuck at 82F forever!

I can tell you exactly where the front is - it's stuck in the Appalachian mountains!  And according to the forecast, we have 100% chance of rain today and tonight, dropping to 60% chance tomorrow. 3.6 inches now since around 3 PM Sunday.

I'd gladly send the front down to you folks in Fla if I could!

delicate flower

MUCHO GUSTO MEXICAN PASTA!  Another easy gym workout last night.  I finally see the knee doc today which I am sure makes everyone happy since it may finally curb my internet bellyaching.  I am hoping for some not-so-bad news, which to me would be a return to skiing and running within six weeks.  In the meantime it'd be nice if I get the ok to bike and elliptical so I can burn some calories.

Have a good Tuesday!

<3

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

good luck at the doctor! hoping you get good news!

MUCHO GUSTO MEXICAN PASTA!  Another easy gym workout last night.  I finally see the knee doc today which I am sure makes everyone happy since it may finally curb my internet bellyaching.  I am hoping for some not-so-bad news, which to me would be a return to skiing and running within six weeks.  In the meantime it'd be nice if I get the ok to bike and elliptical so I can burn some calories.

Have a good Tuesday!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Hiya kids.  Rest day for me today, but I did get to go out for 3 miles last night.

Seems our warm spell has ended here.  Supposed to be a high of 35 here today.  Oh, well, it was nice while it lasted!

Have a nice day, guys!

"...You have to have faith, to know that you can do what you want to do."  -Joseph Nzau

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Good luck at the doc today, Phil!

Jess runs for bacon

Good morning everyone! Rest day for me today, I've also got my ortho appointment this morning. Hopefully it will be good news.

Nightcrawler-

You may be right

Top of the mornin' to ya guys!!

BasyaSpiliakos and Kay - Enjoy your workouts today. 

Gustav1 - I hope your headache is nothing serious.

Tom, Flarunner and Damaris - Enjoy your runs.

Kristin - It's always best to listen to your body.  You will know when it's time to go run again. 

Baboon - Good job on the workout last night and I hope everything goes well at the doctor. 

Kristin - Enjoy your rest day.  Good job getting your miles in yesterday.

lilac_jive - I hope you have good news at the doctor. 

I woke up to the fluffy white stuff coming down and it's sticking.  This doesn't happen much so I tend to get a little excited, maybe a little too excited.   I will be doing 5-6 tonight when the sun goes down either outside or on the dreadmill. It all depends on the weather.

Don't believe everything you think.