Beginners and Beyond

Saturdailies - Bright and Early - Put Me Back to Bed (Read 36 times)

LRB

Nothing. I had the sun in my eyes

Just from my PRs:

5k Garmin 18:22, officially 18:17

10k Garmin 38:56, officially 38:52

13.1 Garmin 1:28:39, officially 1:28:36

26.2 Garmin 3:15:05, officially 3:14:55

Maybe I'm an oddball, I dunno.

I finally decided pretty recently to adjust the total time & distance in my log to the official time & distance for the race. I had always thought I'd want to be able to look back & see what the Garmin actually showed, but turns out IDGAF after all. And I guess it's still there in the splits anyway.

Dave

Cyberic

Obviously, if your Garmin is not showing the proper time it is because you're not pressing the button in time, because Garmin can't be wrong on something as basic as time. Distance is another story.

Zelanie

I ran 6 with the dogs.  I will trust my Garmin to show the proper time on this one.

My guess is that LRB goes through ALL the mats, gets his medal and water, and THEN presses pause. 

My guess is that LRB goes through ALL the mats, gets his medal, water, and 3 oatmeal raisin cookies, and THEN presses pause. 

fyp

Dave

LRB

Obviously, if your Garmin is not showing the proper time it is because you're not pressing the button in time, because Garmin can't be wrong on something as basic as time. Distance is another story.

Precisely. Forgive me, I thought I made that point clear; I am well into the chute before I hit the stop button because my priority is to race the distance through its finish, not time it. That's what we pay them ridiculous race fees for, an official time. Garmin time means nothing. Practically.

Cyberic

Precisely. Forgive me, I thought I made that point clear; I am well into the chute before I hit the stop button because my priority is to race the distance through its finish, not time it. That's what we pay them ridiculous race fees for, an official time. Garmin time means nothing. Practically.

You did, but when I first posted the squinting emoji, I had not realized you started the watch on the mat, but stopped it way after the mat, whereas I do it the way Zel described it. I count 3 steps after the last starting mat, and 3 steps after the last finish mat and my time is pretty much spot on.

But your point is very valid about the fact that Garmin time is not relevant.