Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #142 (Read 28 times)

onemile

I haven't done a Microsoft meeting but during the Zoom meeting I had two weeks ago, my boss didn't join immediately but somehow listened in instead while we were chumming it up and complaining about work shit for 22 fucking minutes. Worse yet he actually told us that he did it. Ever since then I've been referring to him as The Slimeball. That was some lowdown dirty shit right there.

Omg

LRB

When looking for old posts or comments, how do you people search the numbered dailies? I would usually have an idea if something was posted on a Tuesday or Wednesday and eventually find what I'm looking for by checking the day, but with this setup I am completely lost. Is there like an order or rhyme or reason to these numbers? Other than one after the other. (that last part was for you DavePSarcastic)

Docket_Rocket

That is a slimeball move indeed.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

When looking for old posts or comments, how do you people search the numbered dailies? I would usually have an idea if something was posted on a Tuesday or Wednesday and eventually find what I'm looking for by checking the day, but with this setup I am completely lost. Is there like an order or rhyme or reason to these numbers? Other than one after the other. (that last part was for you DavePSarcastic)

Can you go to the main page and search the exact name of X thread? Maybe if you remember if it was 3 weeks ago you can search for 2020 Dailies #XYZ and see if you can find it that way?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

Omg

It was terrible. We just all stopped talking and it got incredibly awkward. It was a straight up dirt bag move, a breech of trust. Despite the fact that we were on an open forum, we were having a conversation amongst ourselves, guys being guys. Waiting on him to join it ffs. But yeah, for anyone else, be forewarned; I don't know how he did it, but there is a way to listen in on a Zoom meeting without joining it.

Docket_Rocket

We don't use Zoom because it's not secure enough for the DOJ. And the stuff I'm hearing, including yours, only reinforces that belief.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

sdWhiskers

It was terrible. We just all stopped talking and it got incredibly awkward. It was a straight up dirt bag move, a breech of trust. Despite the fact that we were on an open forum, we were having a conversation amongst ourselves, guys being guys. Waiting on him to join it ffs. But yeah, for anyone else, be forewarned; I don't know how he did it, but there is a way to listen in on a Zoom meeting without joining it.

Holy shit

Zoom is completely forbidden for us. Not secure at all.

I skipped my Microsoft teams happy hour today with my boss, her boss, another manager and 2 coworkers because FTS.

If it’s work people it doesn’t sound like much of a happy hour. 

Are many companies using Zoom? I thought it was mostly for personal use, its security issues are pretty widely known. This week I have been on video calls via both Teams and Webex.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

Does it depend on the version of Zoom? I'm prtetty sure that's what is used for telehealth therapy sessions at my work.

Cyberic

Zoom had security issues but they're fixed now. There was an easy workaround for the issues, but after the way the media painted the picture, it was worthless trying to explain it. People were panicked. Fixed now.

We use Microsoft Teams at work for working with colleagues, and Zoom for bigger meetings because you can see more faces at a time with Zoom or something.

Of course those softwares are evolving at an unprecedented speed right now...