Beginners and Beyond

Positive Penguin Wednesdailies! (Read 9 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."  And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

So this is Positive Thinking Day.  DH and Dusty slept poorly last night, ending up downstairs on the couch (I think it was too hot in the bedroom), so we skipped our run/walk in favor of zzz's. 

I think all of my friends in Florida and Georgia have power now, which is awesome!!  Shout-out to the power company folks for working so hard to clear things up.  My folks in NC got rain and some wind, but here in VA we didn't get anything but clouds.  It's all good.

Thinking of taking Monday off work, just for sanity's sake.  REALLY looking forward to our beach vacation in October!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Finally positive. Had a vertigo episode on Monday that knocked me for a loop.  Felt much better on Tuesday and got in a great 5-mile run.

Today an easy 3 miles after work.  And start picking up my race packets.  I have a race on Friday, 2 on Saturday, and 1 on Sunday!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

GinnyinPA

Good grief Scotty. Even for you, that's crazy.  But I'm sure you'll have fun, anyway. I hope your vertigo stays away. Any idea what's going on?

HM - I hope you manage to keep hold of your sanity until your vacation comes along. Why so hot? Did you lose power too?

I did 10 miles this afternoon. It was cool and cloudy, but very humid, so not as easy as I'd hoped, but fairly fast.  Yesterday's short tempo run had an effect. It took a long time to warm up. But the long long downhill at mile 3 really helped.

Docket_Rocket

Evening!  Took a sleeping pill last night and managed to sleep. yay!  Ran 10 miles tonight and spent the day finding milk, eggs, and fresh meat, which is rare these days.

HopesMom, sorry you couldn't sleep.  Hoping things get better!

Scotty, glad the vertigo is gone.

Ginny, nice 10!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page