Beginners and Beyond

Hey Wednesday Penguins - I Used To Bowl A Lot, So I'm In Pretty Good Shape! (Read 238 times)

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails!What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."  It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

Hey penguins and good morning Gustav!! I hope you are still feeling good! Do you have and idea when you will be back to running yet? I got my 3.5 miles in yesterday after work! I was reminded why I hate the gym at 430!! Too many people and its way hot in there! Also figured out Thai food isn't good pre-run either!! Oh well, trying to decide if I should head out this morning, but I think I am going to stay in my nice warm bed!

Completed my first half marathon 2:09:04!!!

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

That was part of a conversation where a non-runner said that years ago he ran a 5k marathon and did the first mile in 4 minutes. He didn't train either because he used to bowl a lot and was in pretty good shape. 

AFM - yes I am on the injured list. It's my left ankle/foot. It was something I felt after a 9 mile run. It was on the mend when the "gangnam style" dancing set it off again. I am typing this while eating breakfast and icing my ankle.

Yesterday was a full body workout at the gym with thera-band exercises, core work, and stretching at home.

Scotty - did you get your truck back yet from the repair shop?

kristi - no time frame yet. I love Thai food. Indian food too. Neither one is a good pre-run food though!

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

Bin Running

Kristi, sleeping in is always good.. Smile I like Thai food.. I can take spicy stuff and it doesn't really affect my running..

Gustav, 4min miles is damm fast.. Must be a sight to see him go..

AFM, 5 easy mile today with 3 x 100 strides.. Bought DW an iphone 5.. Will be wrapping it up tmr when she's off to inlaw place and surprise her on Friday..

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have some sort of run today but it will depend on how busy the ends up being.  Yesterday was a very busy day and I never even had a chance to be here much.

Gustav, how is your foot?

Kristi, nice job on your miles.  I hate the gym too.

Bin Running, is that a Pfitz workout?  Enjoy!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning all!

Got in 3 this morning, another busy day ahead, gonna try to squeeze in some more miles later if I have time.

Hope everyone has a great day!!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

His Slowness

Morning folks.  Got my 3 in this morning.  Off to shower and work.  More to do than will get done this week.

Gustav - thanks for getting us started.  I love the title. 

Kristi - I don't think I could do the gym.  I live in a small town so I just walk out the door and go.

Bin - enjoy the run.  You should get big brownie points for the iPhone.

Damaris - good luck carving out some time for a run.

Happy Hump Day!

Bill

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Happy Hump Day Pengs !!!!

Running later with dw.

Smile

Jerry

Philliefan33

good morning.

5 miles to do tonight.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Morning. Have to hop in the shower and get ready for work so no personals, but a lot of you running today.

2 recovery jog miles complete. Took them at a snails pace on purpose...approximately 14mm. Felt really tight at first but loosened up a lot and I feel much better. Man it was WINDY out there this morning. I should have known better when I saw 43 degrees but "feels like" 31 and realized that would mean the wind was ridiculous.

Have a great day!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

OH!!! And check out this Christmas present that arrived in the mail yesterday from my friend from college who lives in Baltimore, the one who got me to finally stick with running:

For my bibs!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

SRD here. Enjoy the miles friends. I hope to be back later to check in. Tomas

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Hola Penguins!  Nice 3.2 mile run/walk at Lackland Air Force Base after work yesterday in the 78 degree sunshine.  Today I plan on doing some hill work at Fort Sam Houston after work.   Now, does Texas have some crazy weather or what?  For my outing at Fort Sam it will be 82 degrees, a new 'record high' for San Antonio for this date.  Then tonight we have a cold front coming in and tomorrow morning at wake-up time it will be 28 degrees!  Mother Nature really loves playing with we Texans, lol.

Thanks for starting us off, Gustav!  Sorry about the ankle.  What the heck is gangnam dancing?  Nope, still in the rental car, supposedly will get my own vehicle back today or tomorrow, thank goodness.  The Dodge Dart has been nice to drive, but after being used to driving my Ford Escape, I will be glad to get back into it.

Congrats on getting your run in yesterday Kristi.  Thai food, way too spicy for me!  Warm bed sounds nice.   That's where I left Gail...she has the rest of the week off and was sleeping in as I headed out to work. 

Congrats on your miles, Bin.  Nice present for your wife!  And I'm sure the Chinese children in the assembly plant appreciate you buying it, helps them get their holiday bonus.  Wink Just teasing, of course.

If you do have a busy day, Damaris, hope it goes by quickly for you!

Dave got in only 3 miles? Maybe the Mayans are right, the world is ending...

Congrats on getting your miles in, Bill.  Hope your busy day too goes by quickly.

Happy running in the dew later, Jerry!  Oh wait, I misread that, it was DW....ok....

Have a good 5 miles, Margo!

43 degrees but feels like 31...BRRRRR!   Kudos to you for getting out there, Kristin. Glad you are feeling a little better.  Nice gift from your friend!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Enjoy the SRD, Tomas!  Get ready for that cold weather we'll be having tomorrow!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Hola Penguins!  Nice 3.2 mile run/walk at Lackland Air Force Base after work yesterday in the 78 degree sunshine.  Today I plan on doing some hill work at Fort Sam Houston after work.   Now, does Texas have some crazy weather or what?  For my outing at Fort Sam it will be 82 degrees, a new 'record high' for San Antonio for this date.  Then tonight we have a cold front coming in and tomorrow morning at wake-up time it will be 28 degrees!  Mother Nature really loves playing with we Texans, lol.

Thanks for starting us off, Gustav!  Sorry about the ankle.  What the heck is gangnam dancing?  Nope, still in the rental car, supposedly will get my own vehicle back today or tomorrow, thank goodness.  The Dodge Dart has been nice to drive, but after being used to driving my Ford Escape, I will be glad to get back into it.

Congrats on getting your run in yesterday Kristi.  Thai food, way too spicy for me!  Warm bed sounds nice.   That's where I left Gail...she has the rest of the week off and was sleeping in as I headed out to work. 

Congrats on your miles, Bin.  Nice present for your wife!  And I'm sure the Chinese children in the assembly plant appreciate you buying it, helps them get their holiday bonus.  Wink Just teasing, of course.

If you do have a busy day, Damaris, hope it goes by quickly for you!

Dave got in only 3 miles? Maybe the Mayans are right, the world is ending...

Congrats on getting your miles in, Bill.  Hope your busy day too goes by quickly.

Happy running in the dew later, Jerry!  Oh wait, I misread that, it was DW....ok....

Have a good 5 miles, Margo!

43 degrees but feels like 31...BRRRRR!   Kudos to you for getting out there, Kristin. Glad you are feeling a little better.  Nice gift from your friend!

Enjoy the 82F Scott.   I'll think of you when its snowing in Chitown.    Smile

Jerry