Beginners and Beyond

Rainy FriDailies (Read 30 times)

RunningOnSand

Can be used in so many countless situations.

We are lucky about that!

As in, FTS it's raining and I don't want my hair to 'fro, so I'm going to do my run on the TM.

And also,

I'm exhausted, and don't want to run, but FTS it's not going to run itself.

Mile repeats ahead.

LRB

Which btw, for a rainy marathon is a poncho really necessary? I keep seeing about people wearing them if it rains...but...idk I would almost rather just get wet. And I don’t carry my phone or ear buds so that’s not an issue

If there's rain in the forecast, you might want to have one handy for standing around in the corral.

LRB

5 easy miles in the darkness. The roads were wet so maybe we finally got some rain?

The morning black is back. 👎

LRB

I ran 7.5.

It was 74 for yesterday's run and 44 for today's. 

GinnyinPA

Good luck to all this weekend's racers. Have fun and stay dry.

I did a hilly 7.5 miles, with some strides to make it into a fartlek run. It was finally cool (70ish) so I felt good.

PR but please no ER ffs.

There is zero chance of the former and some non-zero chance of the latter. One of you guys will rell me if it's a really bad idea, and not just a normal bad idea, right? I have time to try a couple interval workouts before then.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

7 miles with miles 5 and 6 at something like HM pace. I really wish there was less traffic, I had to slow a lot at intersections/crossings for drivers, I glanced at my watch a few times during the faster parts and saw mid 8s.

delicate flower

There is zero chance of the former and some non-zero chance of the latter. One of you guys will rell me if it's a really bad idea, and not just a normal bad idea, right? I have time to try a couple interval workouts before then.

My first hard run back after ACL surgery #2 was a 5K and I had a blast, so I am not a good person to ask.

<3

My first hard run back after ACL surgery #2 was a 5K and I had a blast, so I am not a good person to ask.

You are absolutely the right person to ask if I want a certain answer. As long as it was not followed by ACL surgery #3.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

I also ran a 5K after my knee surgery.  Didn't need a second surgery, so GO FOR IT.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

I also ran a 5K after my knee surgery.  Didn't need a second surgery, so GO FOR IT.

The first part was surprising enough on its own.

Dave

Runshortii

20 minutes shake out run done. It’s freakin humid out, and running around throngs of people is annoying