Beginners and Beyond

ISLAGIATT Sundailies (Read 35 times)

Cyberic

After a couple of months of arch of the foot pain/discomfort, I finally decided to spend an hour consulting all the documentation Dr.Google provided me, and it's pretty clear I have plantar fasciitis.

I'm actually rolling a tennis ball under my foot right now  . Going to go buy Voltaren cream, because I don't want to take pills when the inflammation is localized in one spot, and I'll stretch the calves/Achilles a lot.

onemile

Cool!  That was my first sub3 marathon.

On a warm day too!

Half Crazy K 2.0

After a couple of months of arch of the foot pain/discomfort, I finally decided to spend an hour consulting all the documentation Dr.Google provided me, and it's pretty clear I have plantar fasciitis.

I'm actually rolling a tennis ball under my foot right now  . Going to go buy Voltaren cream, because I don't want to take pills when the inflammation is localized in one spot, and I'll stretch the calves/Achilles a lot.

I think I heard about the Anatomy for Runners book from you. If it wasn't, you may want to read through it. Basically it could be something further up, aka glutes, hips, core, that contributes to the issue. Treating the symptom doesn't always resolve the issue.

onemile

I can't imagine training 18 hrs a week.

I ran 12 long. With the first 6 easy and then a progression to hmp. It was very windy.

LRB

I can't imagine training 18 hrs a week.

It doesn't even compute in my puny brain!

MTA: I suppose if I looked at it in terms of miles run per hour (which is typically 7 for me), it would be 126 fucking miles in a week. Say what?!

Cyberic

I think I heard about the Anatomy for Runners book from you. If it wasn't, you may want to read through it. Basically it could be something further up, aka glutes, hips, core, that contributes to the issue. Treating the symptom doesn't always resolve the issue.

I have the book. I have read it. Can't remember if I'm the one who told you about it. I know Oski has it, and probably knows its content more than me.

I know what you're saying, but I'm not ready to consult or start doing all kinds of core work. I'll try to fix this myself, first. I have managed fine in the past 4 years. It might take longer without professional help, but it's the way I prefer doing things.

But, thanks for reminding me that I have that book. I will read through it and see what his take is on this.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Cyberic, for me, I tnd to have pain in my heel when I have pain near my ass. Once I get the butt pain under control, the foot follows. In my case, it was core related, but I've read stuff elsewhere where focusing on glute strength helped.

Hip Redux

I have the book. I have read it. Can't remember if I'm the one who told you about it. I know Oski has it, and probably knows its content more than me.

I do have the book.  Start with the easy solution and work up to the more complex/systemic ones if the easy one doesn't work.