Beginners and Beyond

Soggy Friday Penguins! (Read 8 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."  And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

Though penguins are waterfowl, no?  They probably don't mind being completely soaking wet.  Anyway, I finally got to use my new free umbrella.  Did I tell y'all about that?  It was raining and windy, and my umbrella kept yanking me down the sidewalk.  So I went on Amazon to buy a vented canopy umbrella.  They have vents in the umbrella so the wind blows through and it's not so hard to keep hold of.  Anyway, the umbrella arrived, and there are no vents.  I got an email from the company asking how I liked my new umbrella, so I said it hadn't rained yet, but that it didn't seem to have any vents, and what was up with that?  They said, "Please accept a full refund."  I said, "I wasn't actually angling for a refund, I was just asking about the vents."  They said, "Customer service is our number one priority, so please accept the umbrella as a gift."

I still don't know about the vents, or lack thereof.  But hey, free umbrella!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

PADRunner

Tempo run on the track last night. 5 total and 5 easy this morning.

Docket_Rocket

Afternoon! I have Pilates and the 7 miles I didn't run yesterday.

HopesMom, weird that they didn't send you an umbrella with vents but that's nice.

PAD, nice 5.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page