Beginners and Beyond

Tuesday Snowdailies (Read 32 times)

LRB

Sounds like I should just skip it.

Actually 32 is not bad, and on a course like that the wind might cancel itself out. I would wait at least until Thursday evening to see how it looks. But by all means, ignore me, everyone else does. lol

onemile

Actually 32 is not bad, and on a course like that the wind might cancel itself out. I would wait at least until Thursday evening to see how it looks. But by all means, ignore me, everyone else does. lol

Yeah I figured I don't have to decide today. The thing is, Addie has given me sort of a taper for it, starting with shortening my long run last week, and then another shortened long run this week (day after the race)

From the Internet.

I will pray for cold weather that day

(because I am also running a half)

That's my marathon day too! I will sacrifice a pair of shoes to the running gods or something.

LRB

Yeah I figured I don't have to decide today. The thing is, Addie has given me sort of a taper for it, starting with shortening my long run last week, and then another shortened long run this week (day after the race)

Yeah it sucks because it affects more than one day. But it is what it is.

Cyberic

WOOT! Goal?

Sub 1:30? I put a question mark because it depends on weather and the shape I'm in, but yeah, that will be my goal if all is good. I'll need to put myself back in HM mode.

And onemile, yep, it's gonna be nice that day, you'll see, PR weather guaranteed!

Racing a 5K in 30mph gusts, ok for the effort and all, but definitely not PR weather.

Runshortii

I would maybe wait until Thursday to decide. I've ran a few races where the forecast a week out was 30 mph winds and then nothing on race day. Or vice versa 

I'd do it. It fits in with your training plan, and you're not looking at another option a week later or anything.

Hard to beat the workout of racing a 5k. I had a relatively sucky race last weekend, but I think it really energized me, and I needed it.

Even if not PR conditions - you go into most races with a chance at 1st OA woman, depending on who else shows. What - like Americans under President Trump, you're already sick of winning?

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ran 5 with hubby tonight.  Oops.

Dave, yay, marathon!

Damaris

Zelanie

That 5K has a million 90 degree turns in it!  Haven't we just determined that those aren't good for running fast?

Zelanie

(FTR, before Zel says it, Newport is rated comfortably faster than both.)

I may still find a way to run it slowly, don't worry!

MTA: Although I did just find this in the FAQ:

Is the course fast?

It really is. Almost half of our finishers record P.R.'s