Beginners and Beyond

Tuesdailies (on the track again) (Read 22 times)

delicate flower

Oh, hello.  I pedaled the bike trainer very easy for an hour this morning.  I've got a virtual race to run at some point today.  3.275 miles.

I just ran this in 21:14, and weird distance aside, I really wanted to break 20:00 in the 5K, and I ran 19:59.  Nice to know I can do that in a fake race.  I am looking forward to running a real one some day.

<3

4.5 accotink, wasn’t enjoying it so I stopped.... feeling 🤢 yuck

delicate flower

I ran 15 with 3x3mi at MP, HMP, 10K with one minute recovery and three minutes between sets. Except I have no raw speed so the fastest I got was around HMP.

And then, as any brilliant person would do, I spent 75 minutes climbing. I was SHOCKED how difficult it felt. Shocked, I tell you.

Nice workout!

<3

bluerun

Super B****

Nice workout!

Podium Runner is a good source of those, I find. Of course, if you're following a plan you can't just grab whatever workout looks interesting, but I am unfamiliar with the concept of following plans. (That said, I was totally ready to quit after the first set. I guess it's good that I didn't since I managed to make it through, but ugh. It's weird how I do better in longer races when I really, really hate longer segments in speedwork.)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

bluerun

Super B****

I just ran this in 21:14, and weird distance aside, I really wanted to break 20:00 in the 5K, and I ran 19:59.  Nice to know I can do that in a fake race.  I am looking forward to running a real one some day.

What is the logic behind that distance?? (Yeah, I know it's 1/8 of a marathon. But...)

chasing the impossible

Cyberic

DavePNW, I wish we just had 3 cars. We (DH) currently have 7 plus a motorcyle. 5 cars that actually get driven and 2 with a combined age of over 100 years that sit in the garage.  I have my Subaru, that's all I drive. DH was working from home pre-pandemic except for his company's very short lived mandate that effective March 1, 2020, you had to come into the office at least 3 days. Supposedly, the Toyota pick up is going to get sold as soon as we finish cleaning out MIL's house. The insurance agent has laughed at us....

We have 1 car. 11 years old and less than 50,000 miles. Good thing we went on a couple of road trip vacations (camping trips) with it back in the day when the kids were younger or the mileage would be even more ridiculous. Now my 18yo son is pretty much the only one who uses it, as the Woman and I do everything on foot.

No it' s not a Canada thing. Not at all in fact. It's partly a city thing and a personal thing to be active and not pollute.

Half Crazy K 2.0

6 miles with 4-3-2-1 minutes at some sort of fast pace.

Baboon, are you doing a virtual race series that will eventually add up to a marathon?

Baboon, are you doing a virtual race series that will eventually add up to a marathon?

Then you add up all your times and that’s your marathon time. 

Dave

delicate flower

What is the logic behind that distance?? (Yeah, I know it's 1/8 of a marathon. But...)

The in-person race is a quarter marathon and is a two loop course.  For the virtual race, they offered equivalents of one, two, or three loops, or do all three.  I am doing all three.  I did the three loop race two days ago.  Prizes are top five for each distance and for the three race challenge, although I don't know if they'll double dip for people doing all three.  I'll be top five in all of them, and may actually win all of them.

<3

delicate flower

All three add up to the "6/8ths Marathon Challenge."  It's confusing, but then again...

<3

onemile

I ran 10ez because it was in the 60s with 40mph gusts.  And I have a Ford Escape with 136k miles on it. It went to Wyoming, Colorado and Minnesota on road trips last year towing my camper like a champ

I ran 10ez because it was in the 60s with 40mph gusts.  And I have a Ford Escape with 136k miles on it. It went to Wyoming, Colorado and Minnesota on road trips last year towing my camper like a champ

DW has one of these although much lower mileage, and loves it. It’s AWD so gas mileage kind of sucks. We took it on our 2000-mile Yellowstone etc swing, although we don’t tow shit. 

8 miles at 4 PM, sunny and 52 degrees. Holy crap it felt like summer. I was baking. Although man is my pace faster in the evenings. It was 8:30 which is nothing too exciting, but yesterday morning’s slogfest was 9:20, including strides. Only one “good morning” greeting issued.

Dave

bluerun

Super B****

On the car topic, my lease is up at the end of June and I can't get the same model again because it's not being released in the US. Boo hoo. I liked this car.

chasing the impossible

onemile

DW has one of these although much lower mileage, and loves it. It’s AWD so gas mileage kind of sucks. We took it on our 2000-mile Yellowstone etc swing, although we don’t tow shit. 

yeah it gets terrible gas mileage under regular circumstances and it's horrendous when towing  Also the seats are not very comfortable for long trips.  but mostly I like it and actually would consider buying another one (mine is a 2013 so getting older)

Mr.O drives a volkswagen with 250k miles but that will soon be replaced with a ford explorer