Beginners and Beyond

Jeff Galloway is speaking in my town tonight. (Read 139 times)

sugnim

Jeff Galloway is speaking in my town this evening about marathon running.  What should I ask him?

FSocks

KillJoyFuckStick

Jeff Galloway is speaking in my town this evening about marathon running.  What should I ask him?

Good one!

You people have issues 

sugnim

OK, Floppy Socks.  Hows this:

Jeff Galloway is speaking in my town this evening about run/walking marathons.  What should I ask him?

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

OK, Floppy Socks.  Hows this:

Jeff Galloway is speaking in my town this evening about run/walking marathons.  What should I ask him?

If his method is so great, why don't the Kenyans and Ethiopeans and Japanese use it? Wink

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Love the Half

Ask him if he'll perform this song.

Do the Galloway

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

LRB

Ask him to incorporate an audible countdown into his program before someone doing a walk interval starts to run again.

It startles the living crap outta me to have someone I have been approaching for a half mile suddenly take off running as I get shoulder to shoulder with them and about to pass.

Something simple like oh I don't know; 3, 2, 1 BLAST OFF maybe.  Big grin

Toronto

Seven Deadly Shins

Ask him why he degrades the sport of running with his lousy "method".

Do the Galloway

Whatever, this is the greatest song of all time and you know it.

MrNamtor

It startles the living crap outta me to have someone I have been approaching for a half mile suddenly take off running as I get shoulder to shoulder with them and about to pass.

Maybe they could start flapping their arms like wings about 15 seconds before.

Do the Galloway

Thanks.  Now, I'll be singing the tune all the way on my commute this morning to work.  Big grin

“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” - T.S. Eliot

Tar Heel Mom

kween

If his method is so great, why don't the Kenyans and Ethiopeans and Japanese use it? Wink

I am betting someone asks this.

Nolite te bastardes carborundum.

happylily

There was a woman last June who beat me to the finish line by 2 minutes. She was using a run(fast)/walk method. Everytime she'd stop, she would stretch her arms and kind of throw them around in some kind of exercise fashion. I was stuck having to pass her and be passed by her for close to 24 miles. It was rough for me mentally. I faded in the last 2 miles. She didn't.  I wanted to hit her with a baseball bat...

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

The dance is hilarious.

But you won't find me hating on the guy. I credit his method for getting my wife, some friends I know and (eventually) myself started in the sport. Yes, he's made some ridiculous claims and gallowalkers can occasionally annoy us out on the course, but think of all the asses he's gotten off the couch and on the road to a healthier existence.

LRB

There was a woman last June who beat me to the finish line by 2 minutes. She was using a run(fast)/walk method. Everytime she'd stop, she would stretch her arms and kind of throw them around in some kind of exercise fashion. I was stuck having to pass her and be passed by her for close to 24 miles. It was rough for me mentally. I faded in the last 2 miles. She didn't.  I wanted to hit her with a baseball bat...

I remember you telling that story.  Makes you wonder how much faster her finish time could be by running through it.

Tar Heel Mom

kween

There's video of me crossing the finish line at a marathon in 2011 and the guy crossing ahead of me is walking.

Nolite te bastardes carborundum.