Beginners and Beyond

2 Unlimited TuesDAILIES (Read 48 times)

B-Plus

Just a fly-by today. 10 @ 7:55 w/ 8 strides. It was my hottest run of the year at 70 degrees. I'm going to do a bit of strength work before dinner.

Zelanie

D- Sorry for the sad news at the office.

Kay- Welcome back!

Kristin- Glad to see you're keeping your cardio up!  I kept thinking it would be "just a few more days" until I could run again, so I slacked and mostly walked.  It burned calories but did nothing for my fitness, and suddenly May was almost over.  I'm glad you're not making the same mistake!

AFM- I got a very nice 4 done at the track today.  No trouble at all from the knee, and every mile faster than the previous one with the same perceived effort.  I think I'll be ready for 5 on Thursday.

Will run for scenery.

My cat just logged me in !  I wasn't gonna post b/c it's day 2 of no running, but I left my phone on the bed and my DC pawed the RA icon.  Busted....

Hi Kay !  Glad to see you pop in !

D2 - I hear ya on shirtless.  Last summer at the pool it was so strange to walk around and not feel like I should shield my belly with a towel. I'm not quite back this season, but getting there.

I've got my first big run this Sunday - Garden of the Gods 10 miler.  Not as ready as I'd like, but very excited and looking at a PR.  Even feeling a twinge of "restless legs" even though I haven't really tapered enough to matter.

Good runs, good recovery, good night.

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

2500 slots have just opened up across all events.  Get your butt over there and register!

Thanks for the heads-up...I'm in now!

Dave

Hi dailies:

FLA - that's a song that will wake ya up in the morning

Baboon - cool that they cleaned up so well

D - sorry to hear about your co-worker's husband

DaveP - happy anniversary

Step - sleep is important for sure

Basya - good luck working that schedule out to jive with your running

Scotty - what a frustrating situation, good luck getting it all squared away

Rick - speedy

April - hope those miles are effortless

Marjorie - you mean your rest isn't 15 miles?

Zelanie - getting a few more miles in, nice

SIAR - cool track work

OOTB - relax...or go completely nuts a la Bruce to take your mind off it Wink

Robert - good

Kay - you're here, woot!

Ric-G - hope the double went well

D^2 - congrats on going shirtless and on the literal errand run.

Kristin79 - good workout

Shortii - way to kick off a Pfitz cycle

Tom - have fun at pool

Rondog - nice run

B+ - I'd find your climate odd, but I guess you're used to it.  Maybe the lack of freezing-ass cold makes up for the lack of balmy hot.

jjs - they're smarter than we'd like to think...

10.4 with the middle 3.5 at HM pace, felt great on a nice cool and dry evening.

B-Plus

Congrats Dave! You owe LRB a beer.

Jay - We're pretty much Seattle North. I checked my log for the last year and I've had 2 runs 80+ and only 1 run sub-30. We normally get up to mid-70s in the summer and low 40s in the winter. I once ran in 12 degree weather and I was waddling around like the pilsbury dough boy with all the excess of layers I had on! I'm still going to complain this summer when we get to high 70s, because just like speed, heat acclimatization is all relative. At least that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Congrats Dave! You owe LRB a beer.

Based on what I know about him, I think it's gonna have to be wine.

Dave

B-Plus

Based on what I know about him, I think it's gonna have to be wine.

Very true!!