Beginners and Beyond

Better living through chemistry SATURDAILIES (Read 42 times)

LRB

DD saw Spiderman yesterday and said it was pretty much like every other Spiderman movie she'd seen. 

I am not expecting much of the movie as I have not liked a single one of them.  I go to eat, drink and get fat. 

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Dailies...

Baboon: You are a BEAST! Ok? Just accept it!

DW and I ran 20 at an 8:56 pace. It hurt a bit and wasn't so fun for me. Training has not been great during this cycle... PF, achilles. Dammit.  DW, on the other hand, is doing fantastic and I am expecting big things from her in the marathon in few weeks (touch wood). Now it's breakfast burrito time and we're off to a two day swim meet with younger DD.

Have a great day, Dailies.

LRB

After of course I make my way up to the track and try to get in some type of decent workout.  I am really feeling sluggish at the moment however but sometimes have a really great run in those instances...and other times, they are sluggish and suck.  lol

It actually was not bad at all.

1 mile at tempo pace + 10 x 200's at "R" pace with full recoveries

Both paces are new for me and I struggled to hit my 40 second target on the 200's running them too fast: 36, 39, 39, 38, 39, 40, 37, 38, 38, 41.

While running training paces too fast sounds like fun it really isn't when you are trying to hit hit a certain number.  I just don't have a natural feel for it yet but I am okay with that for now.

10 miles total and a great run overall despite not feeling totally there.

Ric-G

10 miles this AM.

jack and phil - you've done all the hard work and it will pay off

zel - i did see the three pointer at the buzzer...that's why i only watch the last 5 min of a game

going to friend's anniversary party later...with pasta and bbq, oh boy....have a great day all!

marathon pr - 3:16

Mmmmm...beer

Apparently today is 10 miler day. Smile  10 miles for me out at the swamp.  Didn't plan on going for negative splits, but there's nothing like a swarm of horseflies to help you pick up the pace. lol

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

RD for me. I'm pushing my "LR" to tomorrow. DW and I are heading off in a bit to some open houses.

- Andrew

LRB

Apparently today is 10 miler day. Smile  10 miles for me out at the swamp.  Didn't plan on going for negative splits, but there's nothing like a swarm of horseflies to help you pick up the pace. lol

Hilarious!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I roller bladed 2.7 miles with Dorian, my right calf was hating it so I cut it short figuring best not piss any other part of my body off. I think Dorian enjoyed it though.

Then after lunch we went to Wessleman's Woods and hiked, Dorian ran/hiked a total of 2 miles by himself, he ran/hiked a full 1.6 miles before wanting me to pick him for about .1 miles and then putting him down. All the other kids (some around his age) were walking, my son is out there running  I am such a proud mother! Even for his short little legs, that boy can cover some distance; we did 2.1 miles in about 45 minutes and that was even with him stopping to check things out or play in the mud.

<3 <3 My future Runnin' Buddy! <3 <3

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

3 miles super easy pacer duty. DD did great in her 5k - 26:35 PR by 2:35. 4th 1-10 yo

LRB

3 miles super easy pacer duty. DD did great in her 5k - 26:35 PR by 2:35. 4th 1-10 yo

That's awesome!

StepbyStep-SH

Congrats to Li'l Slymoon!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

LRB

Let us know how the movie is. It's getting lukewarm reviews at best, I read one last night where it got totally ripped. Among other things, for not giving Emma Stone a significant enough role, which I agree is criminal, because she is awesome. Gained even further admiration from her performance lip-synching on Jimmy Fallon; it's worth a watch if you've got some time. (Actually a number of the celebs doing that bit have been very impressive; find the ones with Paul Rudd & Joseph Gordon Levitt.)

That movie is all over the place.  It's like they took all the chapters of a book, put them in a hat then drew them out randomly and put the movie together that way.

Spiderman himself is a bit campy at times which I could do without (telling jokes and laughing while fighting crime), although there was laughter in the theater so maybe it's me.  And Emma Stone's character totally got the short end of the stick, you will have to see it to know what I mean.

And it's long.  Very, very, very, long!

The pieces are there but there is too much stop and go for my tastes.  It's getting a 55 rating on rotten tomatoes and I can see that as some might like and some might not.

Hi dailies:

Phil - taper time, woohoo!

Jack - great LR

Sly - congrats to DD

Docket_Rocket

That movie is all over the place.  It's like they took all the chapters of a book, put them in a hat then drew them out randomly and put the movie together that way.

Spiderman himself is a bit campy at times which I could do without (telling jokes and laughing while fighting crime), although there was laughter in the theater so maybe it's me.  And Emma Stone's character totally got the short end of the stick, you will have to see it to know what I mean.

And it's long.  Very, very, very, long!

The pieces are there but there is too much stop and go for my tastes.  It's getting a 55 rating on rotten tomatoes and I can see that as some might like and some might not.

I heard about the Emma Stone character. I decided not to tell my husband.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

I heard about the Emma Stone character. I decided not to tell my husband.

It was actually taken from the comic book, I did not know that until this morning though and I am not sure how many movie goers these days would know it since it was originally written in 1972.

Last night I said the movie was all over the place, apparently movie critic Tom Long agrees:

“The Amazing Spider-Man 2” follows the old dictum “If you don’t know what to give the audience, throw everything you can think of at them.”

We will see what your take on it is when you see it though, you might actually like it.  There are those who do, 55% to be exact.