Beginners and Beyond

Friday, April 15 (Read 51 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

6 with 2 at HM pace.

Cyberic

You guys are funny but I did not and will not buy the jacket. Tried it on and it is too short. Both the sleeves and the body. Bought a cotton hoodie instead. It's prettier, too

B-Plus

Good luck to you too!!

Anyone else running Boston?

FFS, yes

delicate flower

You guys are funny but I did not and will not buy the jacket. Tried it on and it is too short. Both the sleeves and the body. Bought a cotton hoodie instead. It's prettier, too

Well, you can never go wrong with a hoodie, and I am a big fan.

<3

onemile

Is it navy and yellow with a unicorn on the front?

Half Crazy K 2.0

Scottydawg, congrats on 33 years of running;

Onemile, sounds like a good call.

I tried to do a couple strides on my run tonight and my hip didn't like it so much so that answers my question about racing tomorrow. I am going to skip it. I don't mind too much since the options suck anyway.

Sad

Dave

Cyberic

This is the one

http://www.adidas.com/us/boston-marathon-beyond-the-run-hoodie/AO4397.html

You can see in the pic that it is made with a rather long torso (longer that THE jacket) and long sleeves. Much better for my long thin build.

MTA: Not cotton. Polyester French terry, whatever that is.

Cyberic

Is it navy and yellow with a unicorn on the front?

I know the one you're talking about, but did not see it in hoodie format. Only in t-shirts, and I don't need more running t-shirts.

A guy came into work the other day in a 1995 Boston jacket. Buy it, (or at least something with the logo that you like). 

See some of you there, perhaps!

Toldja Jay was running it.

Dave

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Late to the party, it was a very nice... but hot day today.

I waited until this evening to run, had a restless night last night so couldn't get up and run. I debated on taking Jetta but in the end knew she needed it so we headed out once my mom and the other grandkids got there. It was tough until the sun went down, the plan was 6 miles but we ended up with 7 miles.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

GinnyinPA

Good luck to all the Boston racers. It may be warm, but it will be nicer than 40 and raining as they had last year. I'm hoping for some good race reports so I can live vicariously.

Scotty - congratulations on 33 years of running.  How on earth do you remember what day you started?  I just remember mine was sometime in August, 2011. Was it the day you started training in the Air Force?

Docket_Rocket

Hey, guys. We did two parks after my friend's wedding and I managed to screw up my back. 10K in a few minutes at Disney so this should be fun. I hope. Just hoping my sacrum does not come out of place again cause the HM tomorrow might be painful.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page