Beginners and Beyond

I like this place much better! (Read 671 times)

I stopped logging in to RWOL ages ago, except on Sundays to post my miles.  It's nice to have a place to chat again.

It's still missing a couple of features but overall, it works great.  

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

Me too! Sometimes simpler is better... 

Auhugh!!

runbum

I'm just happy not to see any spam!

Little Blue

And it's speedy!
            toyger

I agree. I like RA a lot! There's no spam, it's easy to navigate, and it's fast!

Jen

LRB

I'm just happy not to see any spam!

Well, well, well.  Look what the cat dragged in.

b u l l d o g

As long as there is no spam and/or Pluck, all's well. I was just on RWOL again and there was....gasp....a page of spam! Shock. I'm going for a run tonight before work, as I have too much homework right now. Oh, and I just baked pumpkin bread. Mmmmmm

--Tim

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

As long as there is no spam and/or Pluck, all's well. I was just on RWOL again and there was....gasp....a page of spam! Shock. I'm going for a run tonight before work, as I have too much homework right now. Oh, and I just baked pumpkin bread. Mmmmmm

TIMMY!!!!!!  I'll take a piece of that pumpkin bread!  When are you coming to visit me in Madison again??

Running is dumb.

Hipfan

Proud Calgarian

I go have to give it to RA, it's pretty fast and there's no spam here... Smile

2015 Goals and PRs:

5k - 17:59 (18:05);  10k - 35:59 (36:42);   HM - 1:19:19 (1:19:59);   FM - 2:49:59 (3:05:46)

Jess runs for bacon

I just stopped by RWOL to see what was going on. I won't be going back. I'm usually one that will hold out, but after spending the weekend on here, then going back there with 1) the crapton of spam 2) the SIGN UP NOW page that I have to close just to look at a thread and 3) the REI ads taking up half the page, I'm out. I don't mind ads, honestly if they're the targeted kind you'll catch me clicking them every once in a while. But if they take up half the page, no.

LRB

I go have to give it to RA, it's pretty fast and there's no spam here... Smile

If you blink, you will miss the page loading.  It is a trip!

Docket_Rocket

It is sad to have to abandon RWOL (I have not yet), but this place is really nice.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Love the Half

It is sad to have to abandon RWOL (I have not yet), but this place is really nice.

I said this in another thread and I'll say it again.  "Sad" is reserved for situations in which something bad happens and there was little or nothing that could have been done to prevent it from happening.  Rodale had many, many opportunities to fix the problems in their forums.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

Docket_Rocket

I said this in another thread and I'll say it again.  "Sad" is reserved for situations in which something bad happens and there was little or nothing that could have been done to prevent it from happening.  Rodale had many, many opportunities to fix the problems in their forums.

Oh, I don't mean sad for what they have done.  I mean sad that we'll lose some really good forumites and friends who will not come this way.  Happylily is saying goodbye in RWOL and she has already said she won't come to FB or here.  One that will be tremendously missed.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page