Beginners and Beyond

Monday morning penguins igloo (Read 18 times)

Zelanie

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

Zelanie

Morning, everyone!  Cake pictures are up in the weekend thread. Smile   Also, last night I went ahead and registered for the Newport Marathon.  Training starts on Thursday! 

Safe travels, Ginny!

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Zel!!  Your cake looks AMAZING!!!  My chorus coaching on Saturday was awesome, but completely exhausting!!  Came home, ate dinner, took a bubble bath, and went straight to bed!  I have meetings today, blech.

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Zelanie

Morning, Zel!!  Your cake looks AMAZING!!!  My chorus coaching on Saturday was awesome, but completely exhausting!!  Came home, ate dinner, took a bubble bath, and went straight to bed!  I have meetings today, blech.

Thank you!

Bubble bath sounds like a great way to unwind. Smile  Good luck on the meetings.

Brilliant

Good morning Penguins!

Zel, cake looks great, and congrats on the marathon sign-up!

Hopesmom, I hope your meetings aren't too boring.

I ran 8.7 this morning.  When I got back from my run, my son was standing in the driveway looking at his phone.  As I ran up, I said, "Hey, are you headed out now?" (for school).  He said, "Out for a run."  In my shock I managed to say "Have a good run" and he took off.  My husband says that son told him "I need to get in shape" before he left.  So now I need to figure out how to be encouraging without him thinking I'm interfering.  Because that would make him quit today, you know 19yos don't like to be told what to do by their moms!

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi y'all.

No run for me today but I will get my core work done at the gym. HM training starts tomorrow with a 6 mile run and some strides. It should be interesting...

Have a good day.

SheCan

Zelanie, that cake looks wonderful, but oh so decadent!   Wish you lived closer, I'd order one from you.  Yay @ just going for the marathon.  You'll do great.

HM-- At least you ended it well with the bubble bath.  Glad you had a good weekend!

Brilliant-- great job on the run, and woooohoooo @ your son.  My eldest is the one that got me started running.  I've continued it, but she hasn't.  As she's more prone to weight gain as her dad is, I'm hoping she'll pick it up again.  Youngest is slim like me, but she's also into the fitness-- she's actually being a great coach to me at the gym.

Well, I am not going to run today.  We went from spring to winter overnight as the cold blew in.  Very wet, snowy and mushy out.  I might end up going to the gym later, or wait until tomorrow.  Smile

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Philliefan33

SRD for me, but it's been a busy morning. I helped DH get his rental car and he took off for a two-week business trip. I've been making phone calls to straighten out some things that are my duty as a board member for our vacation home community, and I'm trying to get a domain name transferred and launch a new website for that community.

Today is is the first day to register for the lottery for the Broad Street Run. A new option this year is to enter a group in the lottery. For 2 - 7 people, you either all get in or none of you get in. I formed a group with me and my daughters. We lucked out when we all won the lottery last year (our first year running Broad Street) and I don't think it would be as much fun to do it alone. If we don't get in, there's a smaller 10-miler on the same day, closer to home, that I will run.

I will do some yoga later today.

Docket_Rocket

Afternoon!  Super busy at the office today but I am A-OK.  I am coughing from my asthma and some idiot here asked me to go home because I am sick, whatever.  No running today, as I have to give a bankruptcy class tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Wandering Wally

Happy Monday!

Rest day for me. Symphony board meeting tonight (I'm the treasurer).

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

Singer who runs a smidge

Having a shitty, shitty, shitty day.

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Zelanie

Oh no! Sending virtual hugs.

PADRunner

It's almost over.