Beginners and Beyond

Hot Weekend Penguins (Read 16 times)

Docket_Rocket

I ended up with 6 miles last night because hubby started his run late and I ran out of time, grrr.  I still feel meh with the cold so most likely an RD.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

hog4life

Jill, woohoo!

9 easy planned for after work. I signed up for my 2nd 50k!

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Jill, Congrats on getting Hubby up and the 15.

5 for me and DW.  Thought it was going to be hot, but nice breeze kept it tolerable.

When is the 50K, Mitch?

hog4life

Jerry, this one is Dec 31

Brilliant

Hello Penguins!

good job on the 15, Jill! You are rocking your training.

Zel, I can't believe that heat, I hope you get some relief soon.

4.7 done for me this morning. We are in Vail visiting my BIL and SIL - I don't know what the elevation is at their house, 8000 or so. I was a little breathless but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

PADRunner

I was supposed to do 10 today but an impromptu group trail run came up.

I ended up with 5.7 on some easy to advanced bike trails fell twice almost fell half a dozen more times. I added 7.1 more after I got home.

12.8 for the day.

Robert31320

Team TJ

4 miles this morning at the park.

Running for TJ because he can't.

GinnyinPA

I really wanted to run outdoors, so I headed to the state forest, hoping for shade and cooler temperatures 1000' up.  I found a good 12 mile loop using forest roads, with a good climb the first three miles, then rolling hills, then mostly gently downhill for the last six miles back to the car.  It was good that the last half was easier, because the heat still got to me, despite the trees and occasional clouds.  My watch says it was 84 when I started, 88 for the second half and I felt it.  I'd do the loop again, as I like running through a mature forest, but it would be better on a cooler day.  I like being in the forest.  Weirdest thing was running into a tractor pulling a flatbed wagon with a Mennonite family enjoying a picnic on board.  They were moving just slightly faster than I was, so I let them pass, then inhaled diesel fumes for 1/2 mile, so I stopped to let them get farther ahead.  It was a good stop as there was a nice raspberry patch there and I ate a couple of handfuls.  I also ran into a large group of hikers from New York on a side trail I took to get back to the car at the end.  Part of the Metro hiking club, or something like that.  I ended up turning off my watch and walking for a mile or so, because the trail was too narrow to pass easily.  Besides, by that time I was feeling dizzy and nauseous, so slowing down seemed like a good idea.  Today was supposed to be longer, but between the heat and the climb, I was done by the time I saw my car.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

That was an interesting run, Ginny.  What watch tells temp?

GinnyinPA

My Garmin FR15 records weather conditions, temperature and wind speed.  I took a break after 5 miles, turned off the watch and started over again which is why I got two different temperatures.  I think it averages out the run temp. usually.