Beginners and Beyond

PSA Chobani "recall" (Read 107 times)

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Have a few of those: strawberry seems to be the issue in my area.

I ate one, really fizzy, fermented like.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

That is why I am hesitant to try it....

I've tried plain yogurt.  It sucks ass.  Give me some sugar, thank you very much.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

StepbyStep-SH

I usually eat the plain - either blended into a smoothie w/spinach, frozen bananas, some other fruit and almond milk; or topped with fresh fruit and granola.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

LRB

I suppose I am the only one who has not heard of Chobani yogurt.  I am so unmainstream.  Roll eyes

When I used to eat yogurt, I got Dannon fruit on the bottom yogurt, but did not mix the fruit up. As Prag opined, the numbers skyrocket when you add the "fruit".

andee1296

I threw away a couple where the lid was puffed up tight. That was before I heard about the voluntary recall. I ate a couple that were puffed up but less so and they tasted fine. I still love my Chobani. Favorite flavors are pineapple, blood orange, strawberry banana and the new apricot is yummy. Still looking for new flavors coconut, key lime and orange vanilla to show up in my area. Most often I just buy the 15 pack at Costco because it's so reasonably priced. Those are just the basic flavors, blueberry, strawberry and peach. Of the Flips, my favorites are Key Lime Crumble and Coco Loco. I only buy them on sale.

Thanks for the heads up, no bad ones here, I just went through some pear and apple chobanis last week.

Wegmans this time around, for some reason I like their vanilla better than any of the fruit flavors.

Zelanie

Good thing Fage was on sale this week. Smile  I just like the plain mixed with cereal.  It makes a good bedtime snack.

Dad on the run.

My wife and I do this too! the sour cream part of your post anyways...

Dead

Too much sugar!  I purchase plain, add frozen blueberries and some honey and some chia seeds and I'm good to go.  A lot less sugar.

And, in a pinch, or, now all the time, the plain subs for sour cream.  DH eats it on all the Mexican food without complaint.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

I was gonna say earlier that I tried Greek yogurt for the first time a could weeks ago......(Oikos fruit on bottom)....AndAnd my first impression was that the yogurt itself tastes almost EXACTLY LIKE SOUR CREAM!  Of course once you stir the Oikos FOB, it's a more yogurty taste and the fruit overwhelms but if all Greek yogurt tastes like this, I'm DEFINITELY gonna get some plain to put on a baked potato next time instead of sour cream as you could certainly fool my tastes buds in a blind test!

P.S.  Have only tried the Oilkos so far so have no idea what others taste like.

Randy

YAYpril - B-Plus

Wegmans this time around, for some reason I like their vanilla better than any of the fruit flavors.

Wegmans-brand anything is great. I could never live anywhere without a Wegmans again.

I could never live anywhere without a Wegmans again.

It would be uncivilized.  If my job ever vanished (hopefully not, knock on wood), Wegmans is the first place I'd apply.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I miss Wegmans Sad the best grocery store!!! I miss "real" grocery stores. All the grocery stores by me are teeny tiny and sell nothing but food.

I  perfer Fage to Chobani. I do plain and put in my own honey and blueberries, or do the kind with the cup of mashed fruit on the side and mix it in. But I will sometimes grab strawberry or blueberry Chobani.

Thanks for the heads up, I had not heard about the recall!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to