Beginners and Beyond

Who is racing this weekend? (3/2-3/3) (Read 52 times)

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Last weekend seemed to be a huge race weekend around the forum, but I know there are a few things going on this weekend. So who is racing what race, and what are your goals?

Me: NYRR's Coogan's Salsa, Blues and Shamrock's 5K on Sunday 3/3 in the Washington Heights neighborhood of Manhattan. I am so excited about it! There are bands playing throughout the course (I'm assuming blues and salsa music??), it is St. Patrick's Day themed, and there is a post-race Irish breakfast held in Coogan's, a local Irish pub with track and field themed decor. It is advertised as a difficult, hilly course, but I am still hoping to PR, and that is my goal!

Good luck fellow racers!!!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Doing this one on Saturday.  Race #15 for me. Almost obligated to do this one each year, since University of Texas San Antonio (UTSA) is where I work.   It is a good event though.  Nearly 2,000 participants last year, this year I think we're closer to 2,500 registrants.   Lots of construction was recently finished on the campus so now, with new roads open, we get to do one big loop around the campus, versus the out-and-back kind of stuff in past years; so a nice shiny new course this year!   Nice big post-race party too, with lots of goodies...door prizes, breakfast tacos, dunkin donuts, lots of various drinks, etc.   Oh, and this year active and retired military had a $10 entry fee - which includes shirt - so as retired military, I got a great entry-fee price.   Goals?  Like all my races: have fun, take photos, chase Great Legs, get post-race hugs...my finish time?  Who cares!   Certainly not me.  Long as I finish by sunset, I'm good!   Big grin

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Anomalous

Getting Lucky in Little Rock with another Half Mary on 3/3/13.

Half Fanatic  #3091  ~   Marathon debut: 11/16/13 Anthem Richmond Marathon

"Run from what’s comfortable. Forget safety. Live where you fear to live. Destroy your reputation. Be notorious." - Rumi

Rungry!

Thin Mint 5K for me. As a former Girl Scout, I couldn't say no.  Perhaps this will be my illusive sub-30 race, fingers crossed.

Jen

No more marathons

Biltmore Asheville Marathon - not sure how much racing will be going on though.

Temp at start will be about 24F - might be bundled up and looking like the pillsbury doughboy - difficult to run with multilayers of clothes.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

daisymae25

Squidward Bike Rider

A very hilly local 10-miler...using it as practice for the Danbury Half next month...hoping that this will be the year I won't have to walk the wretched beast of a hill at mile 4!

runTDC

Hellyer 5k for me with my DH.  Goal-Get better at running shorter distances, and continue to get faster....This will be a redo race from a couple of weeks ago...Same racing group, different venue and hopefully a better outcome.  I really have no idea what pace is realistic for me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Teresa

Aug—Double Dipsea

Oct 9–R2R Grand Canyon, baby!

2024 goals- Run trails, race a few, get a little faster, gain some endurance, enjoy life…😊

Biltmore Asheville Marathon - not sure how much racing will be going on though.

Temp at start will be about 24F - might be bundled up and looking like the pillsbury doughboy - difficult to run with multilayers of clothes.

Hey, it's no problem - we northerners have been doing it all winter!

Dave

Roots and Rocks 5K Trail Run, Conyers ,GA at the Georgia International-Olympic Horse Park.  Only second trail run  which I ever attempted.  Should be interesting.  Doing it for fun.   It's a no frills race put on by the Atlanta Track Club.

“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” - T.S. Eliot

Adam_McAllen

Beer-and-waffle Powered

Me Smile . Finally, I haven't raced in awhile. Although I think I'm going to regret my really hard work-out on Wednesday Sad.

In the words of my late-coach : Just hang in there, relax... and at the end of a race anyone you see.....just pass them

Walk-Jogger

I am - Snake River Canyon Half Marathon, Saturday, at Wawawai Landing in the Snake River canyon. Weather man has been promising us perfect weather for tomorrow for the past two weeks, but the forecast is slowly starting to unravel, slightly. It will be nice temps at 50F, but there's now a danger of rain and some wind, instead of sunburn...We'll take it, as long as it's not a snowstorm like LAST weekend.

Retired &  Loving It

Docket_Rocket

I am not racing this weekend (say what?)

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

buchy2009

Bjørnmannen

Good luck to everyone racing this weekend!

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Thought about it but decided jumping from racing 800m to racing 10K in one week was a little too drastic. I may regret this later because 10Ks are scarce around here, but I don't think I could do it justice.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Rungry!

Thin Mint 5K for me. As a former Girl Scout, I couldn't say no.  Perhaps this will be my illusive sub-30 race, fingers crossed.

I AM A CHAMPION!!!!  Okay maybe not, but I finally broke 30 minutes (something I have been trying to do for a over a year now.)

Time 29:35

Field placement: 113/370

Age Group Placement: 13/51

Hundreds of pics were taken on Saturday, but I somehow am not in any of them.

Jen